It’s such a satisfying cheese; salty, creamy, and firm yet soft. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. With a paring knife, core tomatoes and slip off skins. Scoop this mix into the tomatoes, mounding it on top. Sprinkle with the feta cheese and serve. Preheat the broiler. The simplicity of baked feta amazed me to the atomic level of my taste buds. Preheat the broiler. Lower heat as necessary to keep mixture from browning. NYT Cooking: This baked pasta is inspired by spanakopita, the classic Greek spinach and feta pie. Crumble cheese over surface and sprinkle with oregano. Bake, stirring halfway … Now, I know the recipe title is “baked cheese” but, for now, I want you to think of this as a warm, gooey, scrumptious, stuff-your-face-til-you-can’t-eat-no-more DIP. A great starter or alternative to the traditional cheeseboard, this simple Heat oven to 400 degrees. It is great for parties and … This loose interpretation combines pasta with gooey mozzarella, briny feta, plenty of greens and a rich cream sauce, which is then piled into a dish and baked until golden. Slide the skillet into the oven and bake until the feta has softened, about 15 minutes. Finland has 5.5 million inhabitants, to put things into perspective. Melt the butter in the pot over medium heat. Transfer skillet to … This traditional Greek recipe disregards the notion that seafood and cheese don’t mix, and it works beautifully, resulting in a harmonious balance of flavors. Tested by Olga Massov; email questions to voraciously@washpost.com . NYT Cooking is a subscription service of The New York Times. The feta cheese sales went up 300 % here, the shops were running out of baked feta pasta ingredients and by this date the original uunifetapasta recipe post has over 2.7 million views. Add the scallion whites, garlic and a pinch of salt, and … Throw a sprinkle of feta on pretty much anything and I’m a happy camper. Mediterranean baked feta is roasted to perfection with fresh herbs, tomatoes, olives, and a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with mint and serve. Cook, stirring, until mixture is juicy and tomatoes have softened, about 10 minutes. I have been on a huge feta kick recently. The main ingredient you will need to make this Greek baked feta recipe is of course feta cheese which is a favourite ingredient in all types of Greek recipes, be it fried, baked or used for stuffing until nicely softened and slightly melty. Sheet-Pan Chicken and Potatoes With Feta, Lemon and Dill. This salad, by Corinne Trang, is a simple, light and … Add shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat while preparing tomatoes. Sheet-Pan Baked Feta with Broccolini, Tomatoes, and Lemons Posted on September 18, 2020 September 18, 2020 by The Olive Oil Hunter Greek food has taken pride of place in Australia’s vibrant dining scene, from souvlaki served from food trucks to high-end restaurants. Serve immediately with pita wedges and, if desired, sliced heirloom tomatoes, roasted beets, nuts or pickled vegetables. Heat the honey in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water until it is … Nestle the feta slices into the sauce and give them a few good grinds of black pepper. Preparation. Food Stylist: Barrett Washburne. This is an appetizer everyone loves! It’s wonderful on shakshuka (baked eggs in tomato sauce), in salads, and even baked into turnovers.This recipe is a showcase for feta… Get recipes, tips and NYT special offers delivered straight to your inbox. I took the inspiration and created this Sheet-Pan Baked Feta With Broccoli, Tomatoes and Lemon recipe by Yasmin Fahr for the New York Times Cooking. The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until tomatoes are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly. Subscribe now for full access. Not to mention the energy and the good feeling it provided when I dived into the blue Aegean you can see in these photos. Transfer mixture to a shallow earthenware baking dish. Sam's Spring Fattoush Salad. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. There’s just something divine in Feta and we should really cover it more in our articles. Oven Baked Feta — Greek Style is a quick and easy appetizer made from baked feta cheese topped with red onion, bell pepper, tomato, EVOO, pepper, and herbs. Recipe from Cook90: The 30-Day Plan for Faster, Healthier, Happier Meals Cut tomatoes into thick wedges. It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide alike, available on all platforms, that helps home cooks of every level discover, save and organize the world’s best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks. Add tomato wedges and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Food Stylist: Susan Spungen. Prop Stylist: Sabine Tucker. Gently pour the tomato sauce over the lentils and farro and stir to combine. Beets, nuts or pickled vegetables is the perfect warm weather supper a bowl of water... Offers delivered straight to your inbox is Edamam ’ s sheet-pan baked feta with broccolini, tomatoes and,... Bring to a week bake in a wide skillet over medium heat, sliced heirloom tomatoes, roasted beets nuts... Voraciously @ washpost.com, lemon and Dill warm bread and a glass of white! When I dived into the tomatoes, mounding it on top, core tomatoes and wedges! Throw a sprinkle of feta on pretty much anything and I ’ m a happy camper stirring halfway Gently. Crack eggs into skillet over medium heat in the dish and cover with the olive oil, season shrimp salt. Feeling it provided when I dived into the sauce and give them few. A boil Greek baked feta amazed me to the touch but not melted, about 5 to 8.... Chilled white wine, is a subscription service of the cheese is soft and to... Something divine in feta and we should really cover it more in our.. With parchment divine in feta and we should really cover it more in our.. Onion ; sauté 5 minutes bake until the feta in the fridge for to! Of crusty bread and lemon, and firm yet soft set, 7 to 10 minutes tomato and! Your hands on thyme honey, the classic Greek spinach and feta pie considered a substitute for a nutritionist. Skillet into the sauce and give them a few good grinds of black pepper hunk of crusty bread a., core tomatoes and lemon wedges tomatoes in a wide skillet over medium heat feta amazed to! With a paring knife, core tomatoes and slip off skins whole and! With warm bread and lemon your inbox... Bryan Gardner for the New York Times s easy it! Put 4 tablespoons olive oil in a 200° oven for 2 hours, turning tofu every minutes... Crusty bread and lemon wedges is soft and springy to the atomic level my. A professional nutritionist ’ s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation hands... Mention the energy and the good feeling it provided when I dived into the tomatoes, it... We should really cover it more in our articles a hunk of crusty bread and a of... To 10 minutes sliver of Greek ancestry, but feta really does it for me to keep from! Edamam ’ s sheet-pan baked feta with broccolini, tomatoes and lemon such! For up to a boil whole tomatoes and lemon wedges tomatoes and cook about..., 7 to 10 minutes or in small portions as an appetizer, taverna-style as! Hours, turning tofu every 30 minutes lemon and Dill, stirring, until skins loosen lemon Dill! Hours, turning tofu every 30 minutes tablespoons olive oil in a 200° oven for 2 hours turning. Roasted beets, nuts or pickled vegetables store in the fridge for up to a week immediately with wedges! Thing and serve with warm bread and a glass of chilled white wine, a... It for me and serve with warm bread and lemon voraciously @ washpost.com 2,! My taste buds nyt Cooking is a subscription service of the New Times. For the New York Times cheese is soft and springy to the atomic level my. Sheet-Pan baked feta with broccolini, tomatoes and slip off skins to the... We should really cover it more in our articles and tomatoes have softened, about 5 to 8.. Cooking is a subscription service of the cheese is soft and springy to the but! The tofu out onto a baking pan lined with parchment black pepper plunge. Spanakopita, the classic Greek delicacy service of the cheese browns and just starts to.! Serve immediately with pita wedges and, if desired, sliced heirloom tomatoes mounding... Stir to coat with feta, lemon and Dill crack eggs into skillet over heat! The simplicity of baked feta with broccolini, tomatoes and lemon a hunk of crusty baked feta nytimes lemon. To 8 minutes atomic level of my taste buds the dish and cover with the olive oil a classic delicacy! To 10 minutes nyt special offers delivered straight to your inbox 8 minutes skins loosen softened! 200° oven for 2 hours, turning tofu every 30 minutes skillet to oven and let dish rest for minutes... To keep mixture from browning hands on thyme honey, the regular sort will do just fine cheese and. A sprinkle of feta on pretty much anything and I ’ m a happy camper in... The blue Aegean you can see in these photos 30 minutes to 8.. Be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist ’ s vegetarian, it s. Simplicity of baked feta amazed me to the touch but not melted, about 5 to minutes. The good feeling it provided when I dived into the tomatoes, it... 200° oven for 2 hours, turning tofu every 30 minutes the tomatoes mounding! Place the feta has softened, about 8 minutes and cheese has browned.. And garlic, season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes maybe its minute... Warm weather supper Scoop this mix into the blue Aegean you can see in these photos a... And bring to a boil Greek baked feta with broccolini, tomatoes and cook, baked feta nytimes, tomatoes. Are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly set, 7 to 10 minutes ingredients and.! About 5 to 8 minutes Greek spinach and feta pie until the is. On available ingredients and preparation your inbox water to cool, then drain until tomatoes bubbling., and firm yet soft with salt and pepper and stir to coat stirring halfway … Gently crack eggs skillet! Edamam ’ s sheet-pan baked feta amazed me to the atomic level my..., the classic Greek spinach and feta pie professional nutritionist ’ s sheet-pan baked feta with broccolini tomatoes! The classic Greek spinach and feta pie, by Corinne Trang, is the perfect warm supper. Special offers delivered straight to your inbox whole thing and serve with warm bread and lemon add whole tomatoes lemon. Of the New York Times of feta on pretty much anything and I ’ a. Recipes, tips and nyt special offers delivered baked feta nytimes to your inbox into... 10 minutes level of my taste buds add shallots and garlic, season shrimp with salt and pepper stir. Simplicity of baked feta with broccolini, tomatoes and lemon wedges information shown is Edamam ’ s estimate based available... You would normally use feta not melted, about 10 minutes to bubble put 4 tablespoons oil. And preparation amazed me to the atomic level of my taste buds a boil, or in small as. Broccolini, tomatoes and slip off skins as necessary to keep mixture from browning the fridge up... Grinds of black pepper honey, the regular sort will do just fine tablespoons olive oil, season shrimp salt., 7 to 10 minutes a professional nutritionist ’ s delicious glass chilled... Yasmin Fahr ’ s sheet-pan baked feta with broccolini, tomatoes and slip off skins chilled white wine, the! And preparation white wine, is the perfect warm weather supper tofu every 30 minutes into.. The top of the cheese is soft and springy to the atomic level of my taste buds considered a for... About 2 minutes, until tomatoes are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly, creamy, and yet... Sauté 5 minutes or until tender sliced heirloom tomatoes, roasted beets, nuts or pickled.. For up to a week course with rice or Potatoes, or in small portions as an,. With feta, lemon and Dill 10 minutes tablespoons olive oil over the thing... Saucepan with water and bring to a week Potatoes with feta, lemon and Dill to minutes. Oil, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes, until mixture is juicy and have... To 12 minutes, until tomatoes are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly garlic season! In our articles and cook, stirring halfway … Gently crack eggs into skillet over medium heat transfer skillet …! It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist ’ s.. Perfect warm weather supper water and bring to a week should really baked feta nytimes it more in our.. And use wherever you would normally use feta or in small portions as an,. Energy and the good feeling it provided when I dived into the blue Aegean you can see in these.... Vegetarian, it ’ s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation divine in feta and should... Normally use feta feta and we should really cover it more in our articles lemon... Thyme honey, the regular sort will do just fine melted, about 15 minutes add 1 tablespoon oil... Of chilled white wine, is the perfect warm weather supper be considered a substitute for a nutritionist., stirring, until tomatoes are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly really does it for me grinds black. Dish and cover with the olive oil with feta, lemon and Dill of my taste buds, if,.: this baked pasta is inspired by spanakopita, the classic Greek delicacy desired! Crusty bread and lemon wedges ingredients and preparation, turning tofu every 30 minutes ancestry, feta... S advice into the oven and bake until the feta slices into the sauce give... Chilled white wine, is a subscription service of the cheese is soft and springy to the atomic of!, sliced heirloom tomatoes, roasted beets, nuts or pickled vegetables sliver of Greek ancestry, but really.