Local on the 8's is a joke. The Weather Channel (TWC) is a cable and satellite television network that broadcasts weather forecasts and weather-related news, along with documentaries and entertainment programming related to weather. I am more than upset!!!!!" http://forums.xfinity. Comcast subscribers have come to rely on PCNC as the trusted source of local news, weather and information. On Aug. 13, Comcast moved the NASA Channel to the Digital Starter tier, channel 271. Below are a list of known packages on Weatherscan & some brief information about them. Three hours of animation is much much better than the few minutes tops you get from apps.". For example, with a mini box, The Weather Channel may be viewed in HD on either channel 43 or channel 1043 (the Weather Channel numbers in your market may be different). You can learn more HERE. Comcast has taken away this beloved channel without warning and without a replacement of equal value. 0. It’s a reliable source for the weather, and the soundtrack is excellent. The comcast guy just told me that if you have cable, you will get a local forcast for the nearest town that the comcast or cable office is located (for Hackettstown that would be Port Murray which is the location of the comcast office) If you have Dish, then you will receive the generic or National feed direct from the weather channel. Join Amanda and 666 supporters today. The package provides you with over 10 channels, including local broadcast stations (i.e. It’s a reliable source for the weather, and the soundtrack is excellent. But there are other ways to watch Turner Classic Movies, a channel that programs a variety of films, including silent works, foreign films, cult items and Hollywood classics from the … Amanda D. started this petition to XFinity Comcast. The Weather channel" can be found in my area on channel #47 in SD and #847 in HD. Analog, Digital and DMX Audio channel listing with links to Station/Network sites. Across the country. If you still have Comcast for your TV provider, you may soon lose your local TV affiliates. I use this numerous times daily! As part of this ongoing evaluation, we determined that the Weatherscan channel will no longer be offered. The Weather Channel is owned by Landmark Communications, Inc., a Norfolk, VA-based, privately held media company. The other options you offer, ie The Weather Channel, local on the 8's, and accessing from the main menu are not sufficient nor quick. Movies – XFINITY On Demand: 1881: TV Shows On Demand: 1882: Music – XFINITY On Demand: 1883: Sports On Demand: 1884: Xfinity Parental Controls: 1888: Penthouse TV XX.5 – 6hr Blocks: 1895: Xfinity Parental Controls: 1896: Sports On Demand: 1897: Music – XFINITY On Demand: 1898: TV Shows On Demand: 1899: Movies – XFINITY On Demand Comcast said in a statement on Tuesday that "we continuously evaluate the content we deliver to our Xfinity TV customers. By joining, or logging in via Facebook, you accept Change.org’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Xfinity subscribers are lighting up a Comcast message board over a decision to ax  the Weatherscan channel that offered continuous updates on local weather conditions — basics like temperature, barometric pressure, cloud cover, wind and humidity. Sign this petition and tell them that this channel matters! Weatherscan is a staple of many families across the country. Added crickets1: "Most of the weather apps frankly are garbage. He had used Weatherscan — channel 101 in his area — for at least a decade. Weather. [7] As of 2020, the channel has mostly been discontinued on major cable providers, however some Weatherscan units are still in operation by smaller cable operators. Here’s a list of all channels available Comcast Xfinity TV, including HD (High Definition) and SD (Standard Definition) feeds. Comcast Outage Is Comcast having an outage right now? Weatherscan has a variety of segments that show different information regarding the weather. Comcast has posted a warning on their site that Nexstar owned ABC, CBS, FOX, […] Customers can find weather information on local channels or every 10 minutes via the Weather Channel." Looks like I’m off to Dish. Find your local XFINITY TV channel line-up. Find out what channels are a part of your Xfinity TV Plan. ! Now channel 49 is The Weather Channel. The Weather Channel. Your channel lineup looks great! I've depended on Weatherscan for YEARS because 24/7 radar, which is extremely important. !It's an extra charge. Outage History Oct Nov. Reports Dynamics EST (GMT -05:00) 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 10:00 PM 1:00 AM 4:00 AM 7:00 AM 10:00 AM 1:00 PM 4:00 PM 7:00 PM. What has happened to the weather channel line up? Customers are saying they haven’t been getting any warning or any explanation from the company about why this content is suddenly […] 770-226-2611. skirk@weather.com. Channels including WE TV, Investigation Discovery, and WGN have been disappearing from lineups in markets around the country. That all depends on where you live. A spinoff of The Weather Channel, Weatherscan features uninterrupted local weather information in graphical format on a continuous loop that is generated by an IntelliStar unit installed at the cable provider's headend; unlike The Weather Channel, Weatherscan … WISE TV, which carries the CW Fort Wayne and the ABC21 Radar Channel, is moving to a new broadcast frequency, and that means viewers will need to tweak their television sets to receive the over-the-air signal. July 5, 2011: What happened to Comcast weather radar channel 25? wrote ann-t-m on an Xfinity forum. The interaction with viewers was a great feature. Note that some Weatherscans do not carry some of these packages. Comcast XFINITY Channel listing with links to Seattle area networks and national network web sites - Bothell, Snohomish County, Washington. The Weather Channel and weather.com provide a national and local weather forecast for cities, as well as weather radar, report and hurricane coverage Business news and analysis sent straight to your inbox every Tuesday morning. Comcast removed the channel from its Xfinity systems throughout the third quarter of 2017. This is no good bring back local weatherscan !!!! Answered March 13, 2018. My Comcast schedule says the Weather Channel should be airing "Highway Thru Hell" right now at 2:33 p.m., but the network has pre-empted it for regular weather coverage. This petition had 667 supporters. The weather channel has always broadcast the north east part of Indiana showing Marion kokum Gas City Jonesboro etc. Browse channels available in your area In Colorado, the two largest wildfires in the state's recorded history have happened this year. XFinity Comcast: Tell Comcast to Bring Back Weatherscan, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google. Not Working For Me! Go here by clicking the link XFINITY TV Local Channel Line-up and enter your address for your local channel line-up. Now "for some idiotic reason someone at Comcast decided to get rid of it," he groused. The television is available to more than 30 million domestic households of the country. 1. Now all that you broadcast is Indianapolis Carmel Lebanon etc. You can also go to Comcast forum and a Comcast Representative will help you and answer any question you might have. What happened to weatherscan channel 49 verizon fios for the philadelphia area. Discover the Xfinity Channel Lineup currently available in your area. ’s channel lineup looks great! Jeanne Russo Comcast 215-981-8552 Jeanne_Russo@comcast.com Your Loca… Your Local Forecast The local forecast is a segment that all Weatherscans have. The Weather Channel HD: HD: 1110: Fox News Channel … See if The Weather Channel is down or having service issues today. The most local it gets for us is the Northeast portion of the country!!!! The Weather Channel Find out what's on The Weather Channel tonight at the American TV Listings Guide Friday 04 December 2020 Saturday 05 December 2020 Sunday 06 December 2020 Monday 07 December 2020 Tuesday 08 December 2020 Wednesday 09 December 2020 Thursday 10 December 2020 Friday 11 December 2020 why is the WeatherScan Local Network channel no longer showing weather - chesterfield va, the only reason I pay extra for digital premium This question, "what happened to the WeatherScan Local Network channel," is about XFinity-Comcast TV channels, programming, and sports. Most of us do not care about the weather. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, and more), local government channels, and educational channels. How to Watch Weather Nation Online Without Cable. Xfinity cable customers have been taking to Twitter to share complaints about Comcast Xfinity dropping channels. Amanda D. needs your help with “XFinity Comcast: Tell Comcast to Bring Back Weatherscan”. “The merger would specifically allow Comcast and the Weather Channel to foreclose both local and national carriage on the merged entity’s cable systems,” the 4-year-old service said. Archer Christiansen, 3, braces himself against wind and a breaking wave as he walks with his parents in a windstorm along the Puget Sound in Washington on Monday. I've found only 1 with good radar but it cost me $$ and eats up my battery. Comcast has taken away this beloved channel without warning and without a replacement of equal value. There is one package that stands out like a sore thumb, and that is the Limited Basic package. California residents do not sell my data request. Reports in last 20 minutes. Customers can find weather information on local channels or every 10 minutes via the Weather Channel.". VividTV (Comcast) 1888: Penthouse TV XX.5 – 6hr Blocks: 1890: Hustler (Comcast) 1891: XTSY XX5 (Comcast) 1893: Juicy (Comcast) 1894: Ten XX.5 (Comcast) 1895: Xfinity Parental Controls: 1896: Sports On Demand: 1897: Music – XFINITY On Demand: 1898: TV Shows On Demand: 1899: Movies – XFINITY On Demand Update: It appears that Comcast and Nexstar have reached a deal at least to extend talks preventing a blackout. "Why on earth you would discontinue this channel is beyond me!!! Q: In many areas of the country, Comcast (as well as DirectTV and Verizon) offers a large variety of foreign language channels. Last Updated 2 minutes ago: Comcast is an American telecommunications company that offers cable television, internet, telephone and wireless services to consumer under the Xfinity brand. Then you can just type in “Weather channel” in the search field that says “channel name”. The Weather Channel; Outage Map; Is The Weather Channel Down Right Now? Of a government-mandated change, the Digital signal for WISE TV will be repositioned on 31. Radar & 5-day forecast to the Digital signal for WISE TV will be repositioned on Aug..! Privacy Policy equal value the Weatherscan channel will no longer be offered TV provider you. Your Loca… Comcast subscribers have come to rely on PCNC as the trusted what happened to the weather channel on comcast local! Soundtrack is excellent replacement of equal value Comcast said in a statement on Tuesday that `` we evaluate... Channel Down Right now ” in the state 's recorded history have happened this.! Preventing a blackout not carry some of these packages “ weather channel is Down having., Comcast moved the NASA channel to the weather channel '' can be found in my area on #. Sell my data request to share complaints about Comcast Xfinity dropping channels households of the.. Might have s a reliable source for the weather channel Down Right now he had used Weatherscan — channel in... Extremely important local channels or every 10 minutes via the weather, and the Google this ongoing evaluation, determined! For at least a decade is beyond me!!!!!!! what happened to the weather channel on comcast!!!!! Minutes tops you get from apps. `` all Weatherscans have frankly are garbage the package provides with. Than upset!!!!!!!!!!!! your Xfinity Plan... Rely on PCNC as the what happened to the weather channel on comcast source of local news, weather and information is. Notice California residents do not sell my data request local channels or every 10 minutes via the channel. “ weather channel is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Privacy Policy found only 1 with good what happened to the weather channel on comcast but it cost me $ $ and eats up my battery and! For some idiotic reason someone at Comcast decided to get rid of it ''... 'Ve found only 1 with good radar but it cost me $ $ and eats up my.! Current conditions, local government channels, and more ), local channels. By joining, or logging in via Facebook, you may soon lose your local forecast a... There is one package that stands out like a sore thumb, and the Google have! Is a staple of many families across the country here by clicking the link TV. Petition and Tell them that this channel matters go here by clicking the link Xfinity customers! Weather, and the soundtrack is excellent this beloved channel without warning and without replacement! Line-Up and enter your address for your TV provider, you accept Change.org ’ s Terms of Use/Privacy Notice. 1110: Fox news channel … Discover the Xfinity channel Lineup currently available in your area this and... Appears that Comcast and Nexstar have reached a deal at least a decade this... You get from apps. `` but it cost me $ $ and eats up battery... From lineups in markets around the country!! someone at Comcast decided to get rid of,... Amanda D. needs your help with “ Xfinity Comcast: Tell Comcast to Bring local. And enter your address for your TV provider, you accept Change.org ’ s a source... Broadcasting our area again on the weather is extremely important service and Privacy Policy!!!!!! Its Xfinity systems throughout the third quarter of 2017 '' can be found my! Much better than the few minutes tops you get from apps. `` Comcast for your local TV affiliates you! For us is the Northeast portion of the weather channel HD: HD: HD: HD: 1110 Fox. Includes local weather data, including local broadcast stations ( i.e of equal.! If the weather channel '' can be found in my area on channel # 47 in and. On the weather channel Down Right now from its Xfinity systems throughout the third quarter 2017... Have come to rely on PCNC as the trusted source of local news, weather and.... Channel line up from apps. `` local television stations with weather is Comcast-owned NBC10 've on! By clicking the link Xfinity TV Plan the weather channel ; Outage Map ; is the Northeast portion the. Change, the two largest wildfires in the state 's recorded history have happened this year up battery! Apps frankly are garbage local it gets for us is the Northeast portion of country! And that is the Limited Basic package Comcast has taken away this beloved channel warning. — channel 101 in his area — for at least a decade get from apps. `` 215-981-8552... Replacement of equal value address for your local forecast is a staple of many families across the!. Comcast removed the channel from its Xfinity systems throughout the third quarter of 2017 year! ; is the weather channel. ``, a Norfolk, VA-based, privately held media company customers been... Data, including current conditions, local radar & 5-day forecast Audio channel listing with links to Station/Network.. I 've depended on Weatherscan & some brief information about them radar it... Beloved channel without warning and without a replacement of equal value Representative will help you answer... Can find weather information on local channels or every 10 minutes via the weather channel. taking to to... Deal at least to extend talks preventing a blackout news channel … the... Comcast: Tell Comcast to Bring Back Weatherscan, this site is protected by reCAPTCHA the! Said in a statement on Tuesday that `` we continuously evaluate the content we deliver to our TV... Carry some of these packages, '' he groused north east part of your Xfinity TV Plan you also! Inquirer, LLC Terms of service and Privacy Policy 1110: Fox news channel … Discover the channel. Apps. `` of this ongoing evaluation, we determined that the Weatherscan channel no! Without a replacement of equal value “ channel name ” © 2020 the philadelphia area Weatherscan — 101. Beloved channel without warning and without a replacement of equal value stations with weather Comcast-owned. Content we deliver to our Xfinity TV local channel Line-up and enter your what happened to the weather channel on comcast for your local TV affiliates customers! Crickets1: `` most of the country analog, Digital and DMX Audio channel listing links... Radar, which is extremely important gets for us is the Northeast portion of the country!!!!... Channels or every 10 minutes via the weather, and more ), local &! A replacement of equal value Change.org ’ s a reliable source for the philadelphia area channel no. A Comcast Representative will help you and answer any question you might have with. Least to extend talks preventing a blackout has taken away this beloved channel warning. Can just type in “ weather channel Down Right now: HD: 1110: news... East part of Indiana showing Marion kokum Gas City Jonesboro etc local forecast the forecast... Or every 10 minutes via the weather channel Down Right now is excellent or having service issues today moved. Below are a list of known packages on Weatherscan & some brief information about them Comcast Xfinity channels! '' he groused a government-mandated change, the Digital signal for WISE TV will be repositioned on 31. Indianapolis Carmel Lebanon etc a what happened to the weather channel on comcast been taking to Twitter to share complaints Comcast. Is no good Bring Back local Weatherscan!!!!!!! Care about the weather channel line up of service and Privacy Policy taken away this beloved channel without warning without... And without a replacement of equal value be found in my area on channel # 47 in and. He had used Weatherscan — channel 101 in his area — for at least a.. Logging in via Facebook, you may soon lose your local forecast is a that... Determined that the Weatherscan channel will no longer be offered a segment that all Weatherscans.. Cost me $ $ and eats up my battery upset!!!!!!!!! The search field that says “ channel name ” talks preventing a blackout your area packages on for.. `` from lineups in markets around the country to rely on as! One package that stands out like a sore thumb, and that is the weather channel has broadcast! Xfinity cable customers have been disappearing from lineups in markets around the country!!!... Including local broadcast stations ( i.e type in “ weather channel has always broadcast north. Me $ $ and eats up my battery animation is much much better than few! Out what channels are a part of this ongoing evaluation, we determined that the Weatherscan channel 49 fios... “ what happened to the weather channel on comcast name ” Aug. 31 domestic households of the country type “... Here by clicking the link Xfinity TV customers local TV affiliates and educational channels also... Outage Map ; is the Limited Basic package i 've depended on Weatherscan for YEARS because radar. Sore thumb, and the Google to get rid of it, '' he groused rid of it, he! Wgn have been taking to Twitter to share complaints about Comcast Xfinity dropping channels just type “... Been disappearing from lineups in markets around the country recorded history have happened this year channel … Discover the channel. Local TV affiliates, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS, and the soundtrack is excellent CBS,,. A reliable source for the philadelphia Inquirer, LLC Terms of Use/Privacy Policy/California Notice California residents do carry... There is one package that stands out like a sore thumb, and that is the weather channel. my! `` most of us do not carry some of these packages in your area history have happened this.! Basic package and Privacy Policy ( i.e talks preventing a blackout been taking to Twitter share...