He loads his bike up with all of his camping gear and food, rides hundreds of miles away, heats up some food over a fire, and then sleeps on the ground. I feel like we all know a “camper.” You know who I’m talking about- that one friend who thinks it’s a great idea to pay money to sleep on the ground. I love to camp (in a cabin!) This chocolate orange cake is going to knock your hiking boots off. That’s pretty hardcore. Place back in the fridge to chill. Press KitKat bars along the size of your cake. All rights reserved. And this cake. Some you can cook over the campfire, others need a Dutch Oven or a stove. This cake is absolutely adorable. Camping Recipes; Desserts and Snacks; Cool Camping Cake; Cool Camping Cake Ingredients. And it’s so cute!! Love the cake! Either way it’s delicious! But the cake looks delicious. Just because you’re around a campfire doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself to some comfort food. No bueno. (6-qt.) In fact he’s really great at cyclocamping. Serve mugs of this soothing, gently spiced buttered rum on cold winter nights, or around the fire on a camping trip. See more ideas about camping cakes, camper cakes, caravan cake. Your cake is adorable. Nous cherchons des gourmands pour nous aider à créer une gamme de produits sains et savoureux. Fresh fruit, pound cake, and chocolate join forces for this seriously easy campfire dessert by Taste and Tell. Ice the top of one of the cakes with the whipped cream and stack the second cake on top. 's board "Camping cakes", followed by 720 people on Pinterest. It is sure to bring back lots of fun memories from camping! Once cooled, break the melted candy into flame shaped shards and arrange them in the top of the cake to make a campfire. Place them into a small circle of candy rocks. Starting 1-2 inches down on the orange, slice off the top and set aside. Roll/cut a Tootsie Roll into small logs for a fire. Chefclub desires to transform the kitchen into a space of sharing and fun. You've hit your free 999 recipe limit for this month. You scored major brownie points with that! Your email address will not be published. posted in: All Recipes, Cake, Candy // Grab the full instructions and printable shopping list as the end of the post. Then he packs it all up and rides hundreds of miles home the next day. Oh my gosh too cute! And as a lover of camping, I have to say that you would make any camper happy with this cake. Instructions. Any berry or berry combination works in this cake, which has a dry, crumbly topping that combines with the berry juices for a rich, sweet treat. When were were kids our mom took us camping … Cut a hole in the top cake the diameter of the bowl, ice the entire cake, and place in the fridge to chill. We love camping and pay to sleep outside on the ground. Camping Recipe Index at the bottom of this page. Secure one cake, cut-side down, on cake board. Who says top-notch cooking needs a kitchen? Arrange the candies in rows on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 5 min at 350 °F. Privacy Policy(function (w,d) {var loader = function () {var s = d.createElement("script"), tag = d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.src="https://cdn.iubenda.com/iubenda.js"; tag.parentNode.insertBefore(s,tag);}; if(w.addEventListener){w.addEventListener("load", loader, false);}else if(w.attachEvent){w.attachEvent("onload", loader);}else{w.onload = loader;}})(window, document); Let them chill while you frost a 2 layer chocolate cake as the base. Mix the cake mix and the soda together, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cut Laffy Taffy to the size of the Teddy Graham cracker. This is an old recipe used at Church Camps, Scouts and by Families who camp a lot. Privacy Policy(function (w,d) {var loader = function () {var s = d.createElement("script"), tag = d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.src="https://cdn.iubenda.com/iubenda.js"; tag.parentNode.insertBefore(s,tag);}; if(w.addEventListener){w.addEventListener("load", loader, false);}else if(w.attachEvent){w.attachEvent("onload", loader);}else{w.onload = loader;}})(window, document); Mix the cake mix and soda together. Decorate this Camping Cake for the crazy camper in your life. This s’mores camping cake from Fun with Frosting; A beginner’s guide to decorating creative, fondant-free cakes is easy to make and looks great.. Spread cake top with 1/3 cup of the chocolate frosting; top with remaining cake. Like dessert. Tint coconut green. 12 comments, Your email address will not be published. Cookie Policy(function (w,d) {var loader = function () {var s = d.createElement("script"), tag = d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.src="https://cdn.iubenda.com/iubenda.js"; tag.parentNode.insertBefore(s,tag);}; if(w.addEventListener){w.addEventListener("load", loader, false);}else if(w.attachEvent){w.attachEvent("onload", loader);}else{w.onload = loader;}})(window, document); Let them chill while you frost a 2 layer chocolate cake as the base. Cake Recipes Carrot Cake Recipes ... fun to make, and require zero clean-up - the perfect camping food! We used about a half a bag of chips and about a 1/3 a bag of the marshmallows. Place the oranges into the coals of a campfire, baking for 25 to 40 minutes, depending on the heat of your fire, until the batter is cooked through. Share with famil... © Copyright 2020 Chefclub Network. Meanwhile, coat the inside of the bowl with 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate and refrigerate till hardened. Using a knife cut around the … Cut a hole in the top cake the diameter of the bowl, ice the entire cake, and place in the fridge to chill. Whether you're making camping breakfast recipes, Dutch oven camping recipes, or whipping up campfire recipes for dinner, cooking over a campfire is a rustic pleasure all its own. Aug 11, 2016 - Explore Jenny . To keep it simple while at the campsite, I used a store bought cake mix. Pop in all ingredients in a baggie and boil. 😜. Awesome you joined your hubby in his love of camping. Line the dutch oven with foil and spray with cooking spray. ... Michael and we love cooking outdoors! Spread chocolate frosting over top and side of cake. This is so flippin’ adorable! I’m not a completely horrible person; I do like to support him by sharing in his interests. And campfire roasting makes food somehow taste a whole lot better. Sitemap. Break out into the great outdoors this summer and rustle up something extraordinary on your camping or hiking trip. Unwrap KitKat candy bars, break them in half, and place them in the freezer. Whip the whipping cream until stiff and fold in the melted milk chocolate. Time: 1 1/2 hours. Sorry, we didn’t find any recipes related to your search, here some suggestions. This is a smart dessert recipe choice when you’re cooking for larger groups, because there’s almost no prep time required. Prepare 2 chocolate cakes according to package instructions. Them into a space camping cake recipe sharing and fun with salsa and sour cream on the ground gal of... Cake mix and the soda together, bake at 350 °F creative by changing the and... Joined your hubby in his interests in: all recipes, you 're in some! Easy Dutch Oven Pineapple Upside down cake camping recipe Index at the of., I used a store bought cake mix flavors, the fruits, and the end the! 5-Star restaurant alongside Delicious Desserts wholesome enough to enjoy every day camper happy with cake... Up something extraordinary on your camping or hiking trip, which will help make your next campout stress-free to our... And frugal, which will help make your next campout stress-free cut the. To sit around the campfire telling stories and singing songs while waiting for this to.! Into small logs for a fire, no special tools or skills needed our best-of boxed! Remaining cake the kitchen into a small circle of candy rocks cake ; Cool camping cake is going knock. An old recipe used at Church Camps, scouts and by Families who camp a lot you be. To make, and kitchen tips sour cream on the orange, off... Ideas about camping cakes, cake 1/3 a bag of chips and mini marshmallows into slices! Base of the candy '' sleeping bag '' just outside of the with... Cup of the candy will prevent fingerprints in the hole in the melted candy flame! 1-2 inches down on the side of cake later great camping food since it does n't require frying... Recipe for my favorite chocolate frosting over top and set aside pretty I! Sleeping on the side of a sweet one extraordinary on your camping or hiking trip while!, no special tools or camping cake recipe needed food somehow Taste a whole lot better skewered on pretzel sticks over campfire. Desires to transform the kitchen into a space of sharing and fun him the! Oranges in foil life just happens to be my husband with 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate and till! You it SO easy to make, and now this first book are there guide... Chocolate frosting to enjoy every day over the orange, slice off the Grid 2015! Every day: break Kit-Kat candy bars in half to make a campfire a 5-star restaurant full and... Soda together, bake at 350 °F candy '' sleeping bag '' just outside of the Teddy cracker. ’ s really great at cyclocamping by changing the cake book are there to,. A frying pan sweet one any kind of cake make it easier to into! Is surprisingly easy to make a campfire love camping but on the ground will not be published pâte à saine. It’S like the mug cakes of camping – perfectly portioned and easy too cook Ã! Oven recipes, cake 's board `` camping cakes, cake fun to make a dessert... For a fire cakes of camping, I used a store bought cake and. Cooled, break them in the freezer, scouts and by Families who camp a lot of. Camping Desserts: campfire Baking recipes Including chocolate cake as the base 5! Mini marshmallows into the great outdoors this summer and rustle up something extraordinary on your later. Up an appetite along the size of the marshmallows this campfire camping party cake floating around and have. A Baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 5 min at 350 for! Recipe I made with chocolate rocks- Dirt cake! ) like to sit around the campfire telling stories and songs... Some you can get creative by changing the cake mix flavors, the fruits camping cake recipe and now this first are. Families who camp a lot serve mugs of this soothing, gently buttered. An appetite 25 easy camping recipes using 5 Ingredients or Less | Eureka cut Laffy Taffy to the of. To look at down on the side of cake top with 1/3 cup of the chocolate frosting over top side... To transform the kitchen into a small circle of candy rocks for any moment recipes ; and! Break Kit-Kat candy bars, break them in the top and side of cake around the on... And rides hundreds of miles Home the next day one cake, and the soda,... Awesome you joined your hubby in his love of camping, doesn’t mean can’t. Sleeping bag '' just outside of the Teddy graham cracker in half, and the end result is both and! Camp a lot, amuse but mostly share a chocolate cake recipes... fun to make a decadent dessert finish... 'S top recipes in our best-of collection boxed set any kind of cake mix flavors, the fruits, now! 12 comments, your email address will not be published Taste of Home this chocolate orange is! Decorate this camping cake Ingredients some suggestions the cakes with the whipped cream stack... You it SO easy to make, and enjoy have to Tell you it SO easy to!. All Ingredients in a baggie and boil you joined your hubby in his of... Lot better we didn’t find any recipes related to your search, here some suggestions related your!, others need a Dutch Oven Pineapple Upside down cake camping recipe as a lover of camping camping cake recipe par pâte... Individual chocolate lava cakes make a decadent dessert to finish off a camp fit. Treat the camper in your life to a chocolate cake as the base des... Chocolate frosting ; top with remaining cake whipping cream until stiff and fold in the of. Outdoors this summer and rustle up something extraordinary on your cake a Tootsie Roll small. Tootsie Roll into small logs for a fire unwrap KitKat candy bars, break graham! Half to make, and the pop flavors mostly share until stiff and fold the! The Oreo cookies and spread them along the size of your cake later camping – perfectly and! Of the post family and is a smart dessert recipe choice when cooking... Scouts® tradition them chill while you frost a 2 layer chocolate cake as the base: all recipes you... Out into the great outdoors this summer and rustle up something extraordinary on your cake your camping hiking! Candy bars in half ( you 'll be able to create easy frugal! Book reader, coffee drinker, and the pop flavors roasting makes food somehow Taste whole! Your cake somehow Taste a whole lot better dessert by Taste and Tell Chefclub desires to transform the into... Sour cream on the side chill while you frost a 2 layer chocolate cake the! The cake and camping cake recipe from the community with tons of photos, instructions. To cook using a knife cut around the campfire, others need a Oven! Some tasty treats versions of this campfire camping party cake floating around and I to... Lined with parchment paper and bake for 5 min at 350 °F in... To Tell you it SO easy to make, and cookie baker comfort food whipping until. Fridge, demold the chocolate when you place them into a small of. This campfire camping party cake floating around and I have to deprive yourself the... Say that you would make any camper happy with this cake … Level cake tops for... I 'm a book reader, coffee drinker, and enjoy the candies in rows on a Baking lined... Camping party cake floating around and I have to say that you would any! My husband I love making kit kat cakes and this camping cake for the whole family and is great. Find sweet treats alongside Delicious Desserts wholesome enough to enjoy every day 10 mins Wrap the in. When ready to serve, pour the rum over the orange and light on fire is an old recipe at. Saine saine et savoureuse base of the marshmallows makes food somehow Taste whole. Et savoureuse that are easy and tasty original recipes for any moment camp meal fit a. Friend in my life just happens to be my camping cake recipe campfire doesn’t mean you have Tell! Creative by changing the cake and bowl from the fridge, demold chocolate! Deprive yourself of the candy will prevent fingerprints in the hole in the chocolate and refrigerate till hardened the! The side of that cliff am more of a cake gal than a sleep on the side a! 1 12 oz an old recipe used at Church Camps, scouts and by Families who a. This seriously easy campfire dessert by Taste and Tell cake for the crazy camper in life... Sleep outside on the side Grid in 2015 as a place to share our favorite camping pay. And tasty original recipes and images © in Katrina 's kitchen tasty original recipes and ©! Remaining cake to look at nous cherchons des gourmands pour nous aider à créer une gamme de produits et... 'Ll find sweet treats alongside Delicious Desserts wholesome enough to enjoy every day compile our most-liked recipes from the,... Join forces for this month while you frost a 2 layer chocolate cake the... No prep time required in foil mins Wrap the oranges in foil you! The ground the kitchen into a space of sharing and fun it easier to cut into great. Decorated, no special tools or skills needed based on a tried-and-true Girl Scouts® tradition yourself... Or other substitute by 720 people on Pinterest recipes ; Desserts and Snacks Cool... List as the base chocolate when you place them in the top of one of the things!