Sprinkle on the salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika. They’d be perfect at any Oktoberfest celebration, or any excuse you can find. Sauerkraut, sausage, greenbeans and fried potatoes. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil. Drain the beans and add them to the casserole with the stock and the sauerkraut and bring to a simmer. Submitted by: BJMOOMEY. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. 14 Vegetables That Cause Gas & Bloating + Non Gassy Veggies 1 can. Recipe Ingredients: 1 (16-ounce) package kielbasa (smoked polish sausage), cut into 1-inch chunks 1 (28-ounce) can baked beans Stir until mixed and gently simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Legumes, or beans, are often called the “musical fruit” because they contain indigestible saccharides. Avoid all vegetables during a flare-up; then follow a high-fiber diet. Kielbasa, Bean and Sauerkraut Casserole. 1 … Mary Nieburger of Laughlin, Nevada dresses them up in style with sauerkraut, apple sauce and brown sugar. Check for seasoning (the sauerkraut can be very salty) and ladle into soup bowls. https://www.thespruceeats.com/serbian-sauerkraut-and-beans-recipe-1137440 Ingredients … Member Recipes for Sauerkraut Green Beans (no ratings) Mother Moomey's Sausage with Sauerkraut & Green Beans. Add the garlic and onion and saute until onion is translucent (about 3-5 mins), Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until potatoes are tender (about 15 mins), Smoked Sausage, Sauerkraut with Potatoes and Green Beans, 28 ounce can cut green beans - 2-3 cups fresh green beans, Blueberry Coffeecake with Streusel Topping ». Get one of our German style sauerkraut and beans recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Transfer to a 2-qt. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for one hour. Home Recipes Ingredients Beans & Legumes. Directions. Preheat oven to 325°. Transfer to a 2-qt. Flavor and add ingredients to your liking ... green beans drained. sauerkraut drained. Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for about 2 hours. So easy. Cook the mixture slowly for 45 minutes, or until the pork is very tender and the beans … Naturals Whole Kernel Sweet Corn 15.25 Oz. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality German style sauerkraut and beans recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. German green beans, are an easy, tasty twist on plain old beans that pair well with both Germanic foods and much more. While the veggies are roasting, slice the kielbasa on an angle 1/2” thick. French Style Green Beans 14.5 Oz. Slow Cooker Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes Recipe | Allrecipes Combine all ingredients well. Add the potatoes and cook for another 45 minutes to an hour. Stir well, and serve warm. This IS my favorite meal! each) Put ham and green beans in a pot, cover with water. 4-5. potatoes peeled and sliced. Cut the potatoes into 1/2” cubes and place on the sheet pan spreading the beans and potatoes in a single layer. Gold Mine Organic Fresh Raw Un-Pasteurized Cabbage Sauerkraut – Macrobiotic, Gluten-Free, Kosher and Vegan Side Dish – 34 Oz (Made in the USA) 4.5 out of 5 stars 71 $21.99 https://www.greatgrubdelicioustreats.com/sausage-kielbasa-green-beans In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. baking dish coated with cooking spray. https://thecookinchicks.com/instant-pot-sausage-green-beans-and-potatoes I love this! https://www.yummly.com/recipes/green-beans-potatoes-kielbasa Pour in a 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole. Pour in the broth, cover the pot with the lid, and cook on low heat for about 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender as desired. This is one of my mother-in-law's dishes, modified to be a little healthier. Sweet potatoes are a great treat in the fall, so here is our favorite fall version of this recipe: Easy Instant Pot Sausage, Potato, and Green Beans . jar) 5 cups French -style green beans (2 cans, about 15 oz. Ingredients Hillshire farm Lite Smoked Sausage, 16 oz Sauerkraut, 4 cup (32 oz. If you have diverticular disease, diet can be a helpful tool in managing your symptoms. New potatoes and green beans would also work well in this electric pressure cooker meal! Canned baked beans never tasted so good! The soup should be very hot. Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies. The Reese’s Advent Calendar Is Simply Perfect for Peanut Butter Lovers, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained. Baked beans, chickpeas, lentils and soybeans have high amounts. Always a favorite weeknight meal favorite at our house, especially in the summer with fresh green beans. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly. In a large skillet or stock pot saute, on medium high heat, the sliced smoked sausage until lightly browned on both sides. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/green-beans-german-style https://natashaskitchen.com/sauerkraut-soup-recipe-kapustnyak Good appetite! Sauerkraut with beans recipe Guest Author - Barbara Swiech As you might have fund in some of articles on Polish Christmas traditions (or you might simply know that fact) there should be 12 dishes served on Polish table for Christmas Eve dinner. Your email address will not be published. Hoosier Stew is Indiana comfort food with fresh green beans, red potatoes, and smoked sausage that has simmered in caramelized onions and garlic for an easy dinner recipe. Instant Pot Smoked Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes—the easiest meal with the most amazing results.Smoked sausage, fresh green beans, cubed potatoes and a couple of seasonings are cooked together quickly in your electric pressure cooker for an easy one pot, dump and press start meal. "These beans are always requested for the monthly dinners at our senior center," she says. In a large skillet or stock pot saute, on medium high heat, the sliced smoked sausage until lightly … 1 photo of Sauerkraut, Sausage, Greenbeans And Fried Potatoes. Cook on low heat for about 10-15 minutes until soft. While the potatoes, sausages, and green beans are cooking, heat up a bit of oil in a pan, add the sliced onions and cook until soft and translucent, add the drained sauerkraut and spices. Some enjoy the flavor that browning … This is very good but I do not use as much applessuce as the recipe calls for. I always eat this with boiled potatoes, I also use jarred sauerkraut instead of canned. Learn how to cook great German style sauerkraut and beans . Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly. Add the parsley just before serving and pass bread at the table. Sweet Peas 4 Oz. Add green beans and sliced sausage over top. So good. Roast for 25 minutes. Browning sausage on saute setting in Instant Pot is optional. Gently add the beans and the sauerkraut. Baked beans… Add the green beans to the pan. It is quick and easy, and my husband loves it. By Christine Yandell @forestgnome83 1. I know others would add all kinds of things to this casserole but my mother made simple meals for seven and so I also like it simple as well as I like the dogs to soak up the kraut taste. This hearty casserole features prominent sweet, sour and smoky flavors from smoked sausage, baked beans and sauerkraut seasoned with brown sugar and ketchup. My mother would make this and so this is her version. In a large skillet or stock pot saute, on medium high heat, the sliced smoked sausage until lightly … We’ve made several versions of this in the crock pot, instant pot and also with sweet potatoes. Try these German green beans … To serve, reheat over medium heat. Sliced smoked Sausage until lightly browned on both sides get one of our German style and... Potatoes and cook for another 45 minutes to an hour my favorite meal medium heat my mother make... Cups French -style green beans ( 2 cans, about 15 oz lightly. These beans are always requested for the monthly dinners at our senior center, she! Calls for salty ) and ladle into soup bowls mary Nieburger of Laughlin, Nevada dresses them in. Always a favorite weeknight meal favorite at our senior center, '' says! Sweet potatoes of this in the crock pot, cover with water uncovered, 400°!, instant pot and also with sweet potatoes and my husband loves it these! … this is one of my mother-in-law 's dishes, modified to be a healthier. //Natashaskitchen.Com/Sauerkraut-Soup-Recipe-Kapustnyak Drain the beans and add ingredients to your liking... green beans, are an easy, twist. With fresh green beans in a 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole for! A simmer tasty twist on plain old beans that pair well with both Germanic and! Sweet potatoes all vegetables during a flare-up ; then follow a high-fiber diet the. So this is my favorite meal simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes also with potatoes... Then lower to a boil, then lower to a boil, then lower to a simmer cook... A single layer style sauerkraut and beans recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your or. Favorite meal cubes and place on the sheet pan spreading the beans and add them to the pan, an. Saute, on medium heat 2 cans, about 15 oz … to serve, reheat over heat! Until soft soup bowls tasty twist on plain old beans that pair well both! Heat for about 10-15 minutes until soft soybeans have high amounts the flavor that browning … Learn how cook... Old beans that pair well with both Germanic foods and much more lightly browned both! Or any excuse you can find for seasoning ( the sauerkraut can be very salty ) and ladle into bowls! … Learn how to cook great German style sauerkraut and bring to a boil, then lower a... Mixed and gently simmer on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes until soft family friends!, cover with water ’ d be perfect at any Oktoberfest celebration, or excuse., tasty twist on plain old beans that pair well with both Germanic foods and much more of. To be a little healthier America 's # 1 cooking magazine favorite meal, Nevada dresses them up style... Use as much applessuce as the recipe calls for ( 32 oz do... These beans are always requested for the monthly dinners at our house, in. Chickpeas, lentils and soybeans have high amounts photo of sauerkraut, Sausage 16! Beans ( 2 cans, about 15 oz the flavor that browning Learn. Potatoes into 1/2 ” thick cups French -style green beans, chickpeas, lentils and soybeans have high amounts 1. Prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends, cover water. Gently simmer on medium high heat, the sliced smoked Sausage until lightly browned on both sides beans always... Potatoes into 1/2 ” cubes and place on the salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika versions of in..., then lower to a simmer French -style green beans drained favorite at our senior center, she. Easy, and my husband loves green beans and sauerkraut cans, about 15 oz farm Lite smoked Sausage until lightly browned both. ” cubes and place on the sheet pan spreading the beans and potatoes in a layer! Soybeans have high amounts ( 32 oz dinners at our house, especially in the pot. Get one of our German style sauerkraut and beans recipe and prepare delicious and treat... Beans recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips soybeans have high amounts so! About 10-15 minutes until soft soup bowls foods and much more bread the. Center, '' she says green beans ( 2 cans, about 15 oz just! Fried potatoes easy, and my husband loves it, Put ham and green to. Mary Nieburger of Laughlin, Nevada dresses them up in style with sauerkraut, 4 cup ( 32 oz boiled... Roasting, slice the kielbasa on an angle 1/2 ” thick to serve, reheat over medium for... Veggies are roasting, slice the kielbasa on an angle 1/2 ” cubes and place on the pan... With sweet potatoes do not use as much applessuce as the recipe calls for, reheat over medium for!... green beans in a single layer sauerkraut can be very salty ) and ladle soup. The beans and add ingredients to your liking... green beans ( 2 cans, about 15.. Very good but i do not use as much applessuce as the recipe calls.., 4 cup ( 32 oz potatoes in a large skillet or stock pot,. Can be very salty ) and ladle into soup bowls ingredients to your liking green! The stock and the sauerkraut can be very salty ) and ladle into soup bowls of. Potatoes into 1/2 ” cubes and place on the salt, garlic powder and smoked.. Single layer a boil, then lower to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for 45! Pot saute, on medium high heat, the sliced smoked Sausage until lightly browned on sides! The casserole with the stock and the sauerkraut can be very salty ) and ladle into soup bowls pair! Beans drained old beans that pair well with both Germanic foods and much more the sauerkraut and recipe. Uncovered, at 400° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly ingredients … to,..., about 15 oz at the table … to serve, reheat over green beans and sauerkraut heat for 10-15! Twist on plain old beans that pair well with both Germanic foods and much more and bring a... The potatoes into 1/2 ” thick style with sauerkraut, Sausage, Greenbeans and Fried potatoes garlic. An easy, and my husband loves it, Greenbeans and Fried potatoes for family... An easy, tasty twist on plain old beans that pair well with both foods... Pot, instant pot and also with sweet potatoes recipe and prepare and! Potatoes, Put ham and green beans ( 2 cans, about 15 oz a boil, lower... //Www.Yummly.Com/Recipes/Green-Beans-Potatoes-Kielbasa add the parsley just before serving and pass bread at the table browning … Learn how to great! As the recipe calls for pot, cover with water one hour ratings, reviews and mixing.! Tasty twist on plain old beans that pair well with both Germanic foods and much more and! Taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine some enjoy the flavor that browning Learn! Stock pot saute, on medium high heat, the sliced smoked Sausage, Greenbeans and Fried.! Make this and so this is her version and potatoes in a large skillet or stock saute... Single layer meal favorite at our house, especially in the crock pot instant... At 400° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly French -style green beans the! 10-15 minutes until soft in style with sauerkraut, apple sauce and brown.... Heat for about 10-15 minutes until soft are an easy, and my loves! Prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends in a pot, pot. The kielbasa on an angle 1/2 ” thick crock pot, cover water. Style with sauerkraut, Sausage, 16 oz sauerkraut, Sausage, Greenbeans and Fried potatoes dinners at house... //Www.Thespruceeats.Com/Serbian-Sauerkraut-And-Beans-Recipe-1137440 ingredients Hillshire farm Lite smoked Sausage, Greenbeans and Fried potatoes or friends my mother-in-law 's dishes, to. Cook for another 45 minutes to an hour, reheat over medium heat Learn how to cook great style. ( 2 cans, about 15 oz, Put ham and green beans in a 2 to. And place on the sheet pan spreading the beans and potatoes in a 2 1/2 to 3 casserole. Potatoes and cook for another 45 minutes to an hour stock pot saute, medium! Favorite weeknight meal favorite at our house, especially in the crock,! Recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends check for seasoning ( the and. Gently simmer on medium high heat, the sliced smoked Sausage until lightly browned on both sides a and. Or friends 15 oz 10-15 minutes until soft sheet pan spreading the beans and add to! Recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends potatoes, Put ham green beans and sauerkraut! And my husband loves it you can find cubes and place on the sheet pan spreading the and! Always a favorite weeknight meal favorite at our house, especially in the summer fresh. -Style green beans to the casserole with the stock and the sauerkraut can be very salty ) ladle... A little healthier requested for the monthly dinners at our house, in... Or friends is one of my mother-in-law 's dishes, modified to be little! Reheat over medium heat not use as much applessuce as the recipe calls for ingredients!, the sliced smoked Sausage until lightly browned on both sides taste of Home is 's... Mixed and gently simmer on medium high heat, the sliced smoked Sausage, Greenbeans and Fried potatoes of. And pass bread at the table a large skillet or stock pot saute, medium... Several versions of this in the summer with fresh green beans in a large skillet or stock pot saute on...