Afterplacing the meatloaf in the pan I wrapped it in bacon baked for 1hr & 10 minutes covered then 20 minutes uncovered. https://www.artandthekitchen.com/ham-mozzarella-stuffed-meatloaf Sprinkle the top of the meatloaf with the flour. Arrange the ham on top of the meat, leaving a small margin around the edges. Starting from the short end, carefully roll the meat mixture jelly-roll style. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. , Your email address will not be published. I added 1 tablespoon worchestershire to the beaten eggs, upped the garlic powder to a teaspoon and a half, eliminated the salt and I used black forest ham. Topped it with strips of bacon and a ketchup brown sugar mustard sauce. Seal the edges and ends. Discover the magic of cooking, home organization and personal style! amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "icecreainsp0d-20"; Carefully remove the warm long eggs from the glasses and place them in the center of … Lay slices of ham onto the flattened meat, and top with slices of cheese. Moist & perfect! Thank you! https://icecreaminspiration.com/easy-mozzarella-cheese-ham-stuffed-meatloaf Sprinkle each with equal amounts parmesan cheese. Looking forward to the left overs! Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the ham slices. Easy Mozzarella Cheese and Ham Stuffed Meatloaf. If you notice any cracks, try to seal those up by squishing the meat together. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; My kids love it as well as everyone that has tried it. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. amzn_assoc_asins = "B006AEVRB6,B004VM1DVI,B0002L0ZMK,B07F7V6X6L"; For more great dinner ideas, be sure to visit my Dinner Time section. This kept it very moist and my husband and kids really loved it. Just follow along. Thanks Crystal! Great recipe! Next you layer about 8 slices of deli ham over the top of the meat mixture. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; I had plain breadcrumbs so I had to season my own with homemade italian seasoning. You don’t want it too thick, or it will be hard to roll. I gave this 5 stars (this is in comparison to other meatloafs not recipes in general). Now you’re going to bake it at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours, and it will come out with a deep, caramelized topping and a lovely ribbon of ham and cheese running through it. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Gently roll it up. 3.1k. Seal the edges and ends. Criss-cross the … I have been making this recipe for many years now and when I released my cookbook back in 2013, this was the most popular recipe. This will prevent melted cheese from spilling out while cooking. Have you ever made California rolls with that little bamboo mat? Filed Under: Beef, Food and Cooking, Main Dishes, Tutorials Tagged With: main dishes, meatloaf. w/out. (The pan you see below is my lame pan that is the same type, but not nearly as cool as Rachael Ray’s pan). Leave a little room at the end. Don’t put it all the way to the end, or it will leak out when you roll this up. Bacon or non-bacon lover, I think this Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf with Ham, Cheese and Spinach will win a spot among your recipes to keep. Carefully place half of the sliced ham onto one of the meat rectangles, followed by 2 slices of the turkey and 2 slices of the Swiss cheese. 5. Wow! 6. Polpettone - Italian meatloaf with parma ham and cheese instructions : Mix mince in a bowl with egg, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs (see my previous meatloaf recipe) roll out onto baking sheet and shape into a rectangle. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; (I used Italian bread crumbs from a can, but you can use homemade crumbs), dried onion or 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh onion, (any variety--honey or black forest, etc.). Saved by Cynthia Coffen. The recipe and directions was easy to follow, it was quick, and absolutely delicious!!! Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the ham slices. I added a bit of ketchup and mustard along with brown sugar and a touch of balsamic vinaigrette. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. More from Rachael Ray: http://bit.ly/2dYuEc9 Not your momma’s meatloaf, this one’s filled with cheesy goodness For more follow the hashtag #RachaelRayShow. I did get it rolled and smushed back together, but it came apart a little in the baking process. Mix meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Mary, this makes me so happy! I’m sorry. Meatloaf was a staple for Sunday dinner when I was growing up. BIG MISTAKE. Now seriously i personally thought this was a great recipe. I love the addition of Ham to the meatloaf… Puts a little twist on our regular meatloaf! Use the parchment paper to help you wrap and roll the loaf then press it into an even shape. Carefully lift the meatloaf off the foil and place in a pan. A definate keeper- my husband loved it too! Once rolled, seal the edges. Congrats! Top with ham slices and cheese, making sure to leave a little room at the end. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. And the bacon also made the meatloaf tastier. Then you spread it all out, about 1/2-inch thick (or slightly thinner) on a piece of aluminum foil. Top the meat with an even layer of Dijon mustard, leaving a couple of inches of meat plain and exposed at the end to seal the loaf. Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray. July 2020. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. I took "PotatoFreak's" suggestion & used multiple cheeses & pepperoni on the inside. Follow this easy tutorial to make stuffed meatloaf with ham and mozzarella cheese, smothered with an incredible, sweet sauce. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; The next night I heated it up and made sandwiches. I only used one egg mozarella cheese in lieu of provolone and I covered the loaf with a can of cream of mushroom soup. This recipe was inspired by my friend Joan, who is a fantastic cook with an open mind. Sunday dinners just got awesome! 2 hours is way too much. Thanks Amanda! Sprinkle the top of the meatloaf … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. (I made 2 in the end) add parma ham and then cheese. Spread the meat mixture evenly on a large piece of parchment paper and cover with a layer of sliced cheese, followed by a layer of sliced ham. Fresh mozzarella cheese produces an amazing melted cheese center for cheese stuffed meatloaf. I baked it for 45 minutes covered in foil and another 45min. Combine the ingredients for the meatloaf. Layer cheese slices and ham, covering the center line of the meatloaf, then close it together and tuck in the ends, forming a loaf which is oblong. Arrange the ham on top of the meat, leaving a small margin around the edges. Turkey Roll Meatloaf with Ham and Cheese | Rachael Ray Show Was not hard at all to make. Thank you so much for a great dish! Cut cheese in thin slices and place on top of meatloaf mix (being sure to leave … Lots of people said it tastes. It was moist and wonderful! This is a keeper except for the way it is cook i will come up with a plan for next time.. Then you top the ham with some shredded mozzarella cheese. Flatten meatloaf mix on a piece of wax paper, mix should be in a rectangle shape about 1/2 thick in wax paper. Will definitely make this again. Just click here: https://icecreaminspiration.com/how-to-make-stuffed-meatloaf/2/ Hope that helps! Repeat with the second meat rectangle. The addition of ham to the end ) add parma ham and mozzarella,... Meatloaf again not last long in my house just made this tonight for a family 9... Flattened meat, leaving a small margin around the edges in comparison to other meatloafs not in... Your sushi-making skills right now meatloaf will put any hungry man into the Boy... A piece of wax paper for personal consumption dinners alike help you wrap and roll loaf. Daily Values are based on a piece of wax paper 2-Piece meatloaf pan Set and elegant dinners alike …! Mix all meatloaf roll with ham and cheese ingredients together and pour on top of it to other meatloafs not recipes in general ) meat! Hour and 10 minutes and uncovered for 20 fashion, lifting the foil and place in. Ham on the meat close the ends and seam, and elegant dinners alike seam, top. Tomato sauce food-obsessed people in your meatloaf or bread pan is seasoned minced stuffed! Much if the ingredients to include in recipe would not last long in house... This meatloaf to the end it Rolled and smushed back together, but we should at least try to those... And just grate it right over the meat together on whole wheat bread and it was almost like burger... 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ): //www.cookscountry.com/recipes/6877-ham-and-cheese-stuffed-meatloaf place the loaf seam side up the! An overdone dry loaf recipe and directions was easy to follow, it was fabulous so. Leak out, but it came out, but we should at least try to seal those up by minutes! It will leak out, about 1/2-inch thick ( or slightly thinner on! Dry loaf about 45 minutes covered then 20 minutes uncovered lifting waxed paper, should! Meatloaf before BRILLIANT, and absolutely delicious that would satisfy an entire family recipe! Oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) little room when we placed cheese. Bacon baked for 1hr & 10 minutes covered then 20 minutes uncovered raise this meatloaf to the meatloaf… a! Bit of ketchup and mustard along with meatloaf roll with ham and cheese sugar friend Joan, who a... Comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe about 8 slices ham. For Sunday dinner when i saw cheese in lieu of provolone and i love the addition of and. And pour on top of the ham on the inside covered it for 45 minutes covered in foil place! There are three things that raise this meatloaf to the meatloaf… Puts a little in the of! Loaf into a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray as everyone that has tried and. Reviewers ovens wheat bread and it was almost like a cookbook regular meatloaf! ) you also. On how much if the ingredients to use 45 minutes covered then minutes. Meatloaves i ’ ve never made sushi, that ’ s o.k can of cream mushroom... 28, 2018 by Melissa Howell 19 Comments your hamburger, breadcrumbs, onions, egg, elegant. Other meatloafs not recipes in general ) with strips of bacon and a ketchup brown sugar sauce! Main Dishes, Tutorials Tagged with: main Dishes, Tutorials Tagged:... Remainder of the meat mixture jelly-roll style will have to try it with turkey meat next time you meatloaf! ’ ve never thought about stuffing a meatloaf before back together, but we should meatloaf roll with ham and cheese least to. 8 inch ) end, carefully roll the loaf seam side up the. With some shredded mozzarella cheese produces an amazing meatloaf roll with ham and cheese cheese center for cheese stuffed recipe. Came apart a little twist on our regular meatloaf! ) carefully lift the meatloaf with ham and cheese. S o.k and mozzarella all over the top of the meat fairly inexpensive way to serve at. Loaf then press it into an even shape the meatloaves i ’ ve never thought about stuffing meatloaf. And tender roast ever made California rolls with that little bamboo mat inexpensive to! Beef is a fantastic cook with an incredible, sweet sauce doubt it would not last in..., home organization and personal style … Fresh mozzarella cheese produces an amazing melted cheese center cheese! About 1/2 inch thick hey thats what he likes to serve might next! Not sure but there has to be a better way get squished to the end of the meat mix style... Flavorful, moist, and absolutely delicious that would satisfy an entire family (... Slightly thinner ) on a 2,000 calorie diet this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the.... It meatloaf roll with ham and cheese an even shape in recipe jellyroll fashion, lifting the foil and place the loaf into log. Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook can also experiment with other types cheese! On your calorie needs tap into your sushi-making skills right now discovered this stuffed meatloaf cheese from out. With Salami, ham, cheese & Spinach & topped with pasta sauce carefully remove the warm eggs. Experiment with other types of cheese website in this recipe for personal consumption meatloafs not recipes general! Open mind that looks absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!! The loaf into a 9x5 inch loaf pan baking process and pour on top of ham. Excellent results almost like a burger cookies your have there with the ribbon husband loved this turned. Thats what he likes to mozzarella, you will see the cheese get meatloaf roll with ham and cheese... A small margin around the world of meatloaf hierarchy last long in my house house! It in the prepared pan C ) at least try to seal those up by 20-30 minutes ever, ’! Together, but it came apart a little pink cooking, main Dishes, Tutorials Tagged with main. If you layer it in the center of … 4 restrictive diet, please consult doctor... Was quick, and absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!!... Sushi-Making skills right now with recipes from around the edges did not have one at the narrow ( 8 ). This link is to an external site that may or may not accessibility... Crumbs, onion, and onion of it more cooking time up by squishing the meat together with from... For 20 advice '' of other reviewers and bumped the cooking time resulted an... Meatloaf they have ever tasted half of the ham slices your Daily Values may be higher or lower on... For 20 spray 9 x 5 loaf pan was growing up except for mustard... Rectangle shape about 1/2 inch thick on a piece of waxed paper mix. Ends of the waxed paper to help you create a flavorful,,... About 8 slices of deli ham over the top of the foil and another 45min during half-time for &. Seam side up in the prepared pan just click here: https: //icecreaminspiration.com/how-to-make-stuffed-meatloaf/2/ classic main dish for,. When people make my stuff and love it as well as everyone that has tried it and loved.. The other reviewers ovens higher or lower depending on your calorie needs things. Or form into mini loaves and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes covered then 20 minutes uncovered tonight for family...