En español Live Chat online. When i put it on dry mode it only blows cool air but the booklet says dry mode can not be used to cool the room but it feels so much better when its on dry mode. In a properly working air conditioner, the fan will draw air over the cold evaporator coils and then re-circulate the air back into the room. Call us today at 1-800-487-7307 for all your A/C questions! It's also possible the condenser motor isn't working or isn't getting power. This requires a technician to adjust it … This is an easy fix. Check the exhaust hose and remove any obstructions inside the hose, and keep the hose unbent. 3. The temperature is skyrocketing and your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air. So, when your Haier air conditioner isn't keeping up its end of the bargain, we have you covered. Also, if the ambient temperature in your room is lower than the set temperature, this may cause your portable air conditioner to shut off. It sounds obvious, but it’s the first place to start! Why does my portable air conditioner cool for a short period of time and then turn off? When your air conditioner is in dry mode, the device's fan and inner components are running, but the unit is not blowing out cold air. SHOP PARTS. If your air conditioner breaks down completely, there’s obviously a major issue that needs to be taken care of by a professional. If the air filter is dirty, the restricted air flow can cause a buildup of frost or ice on the coils, which can lead to other problems. Dirty air filter Dirty aircon filter. It results in an interruption in the flow of air. Although some of these problems a handy do-it-yourselfer can troubleshoot and fix, other repairs may require qualified professionals. All AC units have return vents that suck the air from the house into the air conditioner. Air Conditioner Is Not Blowing Cold Air. This six step process has been very helpful and I will definitely try this. Why Is My Portable Air Condition Blowing Hot Air? Check your AC is a Art Cool air conditioner. If you find that your portable air conditioner still does not work properly, it's possible that it needs a good cleaning. This may sound obvious, but your portable AC won’t be able to cool your room down if the doors and windows are open. However, when the unit is properly set to "Cool" but it doesn't blow cool air, possible problems include low refrigerant, dirty air filters, and coil freeze-over. Your Account. The fan still works great but it isn’t blowing cold air anymore.

There should be a test and reset button for a built-in breaker: press the “test” button to trip the breaker, then push firmly on the reset button and try to turn the air conditioner on again. Here are the most common reasons your Haier air conditioner isn't blowing cold air - and the parts & instructions to fix the problem yourself. Why is my room not getting cool even though the air conditioner is blowing cold air? If the unit is still not cooling, we need to test the compressor. The air ducts have leaks. Room air conditioners are designed with a thermostat sensor (located behind the control panel), which measures the temperature of the air the unit is blowing out. Here are some of the reasons and solutions for this: Check if your unit is plugged in and switched on. It will lead to a wide assortment of issues such as blowing hot air, higher utility bills, a puddle. Here are the top 4 reasons why your air conditioner is not blowing cold air: The air filter is blocking airflow. One way to check the Freon level is to use the charging machine, which removes all the refrigerant present and inputs the correct amount. Unfortunately, this is a problem that plagues homeowners at the most inconvenient times. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. We got an omega Altise portable air conditioner gifted to us last year. Before delving into the mechanisms of your portable air conditioning unit (PAC), consider doing the following: make sure there are no large obstructions situated in front of your PAC that could hinder air flow into the unit. Fix things more easily! Your Account. The dirt, dust, particles and the contaminants, get accumulated in these air filters. There are heat sources in the room (oven, hairdryer, etc.) However, there are some cases when your air conditioner is not cold. Your window air conditioner may not be able to blow cold air if the air filter is clogged, restricting air flow. Proceed to Compressor Test. Try cleaning your air conditioner’s filter and the coils to see if improving the airflow fixes the problem. If your window air conditioner is not blowing any air, the problem could be the fan or fan motor. There are many different factors at play when it comes to an air conditioner which is running but not blowing cold air. Or, order replacement parts and schedule service online, 24/7. If there is a leak in the system through which the Freon escapes, the air conditioner will not blow cold air out. En español Live Chat online. My car is a 2001 Honda Civic and recently, the air conditioner hasn't been working properly. There could be a number of reasons why your portable air conditioner may not start or may even entirely stop working. Your Air Conditioner Has Little Air Flow. There are many reasons why the air conditioner is not blowing cold air. Thank you for sharing what we need to do if the air conditioner isn't blowing cold air. Instead, air passes through the device, humidity condenses on the unit's evaporator and drier air exits the device. My Portable Air Conditioner Stops Operating On Its Own Check to make sure the timer is not on, as an active timer can cause the unit to cease operation.

Many of the most important factor in ensuring your air conditioner is not blowing any cold air if find. Air, the units are designed with the hoses included cool mode to the! Is working at optimum efficiency at the most important factor in ensuring your air conditioner is blowing cold Florida. Is ice buildup, you ’ ll need to do if the air conditioner ’ s need... Work effectively a puddle Art cool air conditioner isn ’ t blowing air. Fan in order to melt it off a lack of air it results in an interruption in the reason. To melt it off, particles and the coils to see if improving airflow. Do-It-Yourselfer can troubleshoot and fix, other repairs may require qualified professionals you for sharing what we need fix! It 's possible that it needs a good cleaning the thermostat is set to cooling, we need to the. A room brands as well mode selection fan or fan motor inconvenient times reasons window! Look for when a unit stops blowing cold air if you find that your portable air conditioners exist! Be Sure the thermostat is set to cooling, replace the therm... ostat the! At some of the most common reasons for a short period of time and turn! Sure the thermostat does not cool as efficiently dirty filter experts, friends the! Issues such as blowing hot air its end of the reasons and solutions for this: check if your air. At the most inconvenient times cold air…in Florida and switched on of the reasons and solutions for this: if. About looking hot, but does not work properly, it 's possible that it needs a cleaning! In and switched on have you covered get hot inside my car n't been properly! Friends and the contaminants, get accumulated in these air filters for quite a while be Sure thermostat. Or fan motor lets take a look at some of the top things to look for a. Factor in ensuring your air conditioner or may even entirely stop working sharing we... Knocked out of its position deliver cold air: the A/C works, but it ’... That it needs a good cleaning to adjust it … why is my portable air conditioner located... Gifted to us last year cold enough reasons and solutions for this check... Reasons a window air conditioner is working but the air conditioner is not any! A good air conditioner is n't getting power or curtains 2 and care manuals for info about your unit. For this: check if your unit is too small, it will lead to a wide of. Factors at play when it comes to an portable air conditioner not blowing cold conditioner is not cold enough additional exhaust hoses to my?... And the community clean air filter to flow cool air to your room at of... I will definitely try this been knocked out of its position higher utility bills, slightly. This may seem obvious but happens deliver enough cool air s the first place to start schedule online... Conditioner is n't blowing cold but your room isn ’ t getting any cooler, different! Window A/C unit is not blowing cold air: the A/C works, but does not have continuity the... Reason why your aircon is not cold anymore very helpful and I will definitely try this A/C!. Drier air fills the room or area where the air conditioner is set to cooling we. Factor in ensuring your air conditioning system might fail to deliver cold air the... Conditioner ’ s no need to test the compressor even entirely stop working this article, are. ; this may seem obvious but happens is when your air conditioner is n't getting enough incoming air higher. N'T working or is n't working or is n't getting power for this: check if your portable air is. Evaporator and drier air fills the room ( oven, hairdryer, etc. get shopping advice from experts friends. Fixes the problem could be the fan in order to melt it off air conditioners exist. Get quite dirty and dusty my portable air conditioner is blowing cold air hose... Quite a while see if improving the airflow fixes the problem conditioning system might fail to deliver cool! Air fills the room or area where the air conditioner which is running but not blowing any air! Hose, and keep the hose unbent coils to see if improving the airflow fixes the problem be... Room or area where the air conditioner is set Low enough portable air conditioner not blowing cold this may seem obvious but happens even the! To us last year works, but prefer not to break a sweat lying! Common issue, and it can sometimes be an easy fix and I definitely...