I have three white cloud mountain minnows in a twenty gallon tank- two males and one female. Minnows - Greater Seattle Aquarium Society information on white clouds. The White Cloud Mountain Minnow (Tanichthys Albonubes) is a small freshwater fish. Now look closely at a worm. White Cloud Mountain minnows (Tanichthys albonubes) are a small, brightly coloured freshwater fish with a silver-green body and bright red fin and tail. White cloud mountain minnow are not good tank mates for goldfishes, despite the fact that quite often they are recommended as the fish tank mates. Is this normal. Separate a couple pairs into a spawning tank filled 6-8 inches with water, and leave overnight. While most eggs and fry will normally be eaten or picked off by their hungry, uncaring parents, white cloud minnows will ignore the eggs and generally co-exist with the tiniest fry. They prefer areas with abundant vegetation, rocky substrates, and low to medium water flow and are expected to live 4 … other and they are females because they spawned before I just want to know how to trigger it again I dont want to sperate them if thats of any use, In general you trigger fish to spawn by feeding them well. The white cloud minnow fish lay eggs and are not livebearers. They will spawn quite frequently in a community aquarium without any special care. do i need to keep white cloud mountain minnows with the use of a filter. I have a 1.5 gallon holding tank I could use with a filter and everything, I'm kinda exited, I hope they are the eggs, thanks for the help! White cloud mountain minnow Upload your photos and videos Pictures | Google image. The fry will be hatching as more eggs are being laid. Can White Cloud Mountain Minnows live with Gold Fish? This fish (Tanichthys albonubes) was first explained by … Look closely at your minnows. *Twitter: https://twitter.com/RyansAqua it's been 2 months! I knew my female was pregnant, as she was very round (more than usual), but I don't know if she has laid her eggs. Add an egg heavy female and two males. Thread starter #1 J ... You won’t see them easily and they won’t be guarding them either. The minimum tank size for White Cloud Mountain Minnows is around 10 to 12 gallons! It's heated, though, the temperature remains at around 25C. Unfortunately, the species is extinct in its native habitat. Advantages of Domesticating White cloud mountain minnows The white cloud mountain minnow eggs are just like a chicken's eggs, they are fertilized after they are layed. Start a daphnia breeding project? Aquanick's Investigation on how Indian Almond Leaves affect the Water Parameters and the Physiology ... My White cloud mountain minnow has looked hugely pregnant for months. As the title says, what are the signs of White Cloud Mountain Minnows about to lay eggs? White Cloud Mountain Minnow Wcmm Eggs? Published July 19, 2019 Author: Mike - FishLore Admin Social Media: The white cloud mountain minnow, sometimes referred to as "WCMM" on the forum, is an extremely hardy fish that can withstand a wide range of temperatures. (the white things on the plant and glass) I was just wondering because in my 20 gallon, my white cloud minnows were doing a spawning courtship, but I didn't see any eggs, but are these the eggs? Because these fish are not as aggressive about eating their eggs and young as other fish, some of the fry will survive. White Cloud Mountain Minnows. To raise a brood you will need to put the parent fish in a separate breeding aquarium in order to keep the eggs … Recommended brand: … The White Cloud Mountain minnow is fairly a hardy species. Now and then I've noticed my two older Minnows - one male and one female - having a tendency to arch their backs, so they curve their spine and caudal fin upwards or downwards (no idea why). In the aquarium hobby, it is also known as the Cardinal Fish, or Canton Minnow. Hardness preference: Soft. what do white cloud mountian minnow eggs look like? No. . White cloud minnow are not noted for eating their eggs … It can be done in a group or in a couple. How many white cloud mountain minnow would be suitable in a 25ltr tank plea... Lonley white cloud mountain minnow. Need advice! The minnows are omnivores and will feed on water plants as well as insect larvae. where these eggs or was it poo To raise a brood you will need to put the parent fish in a separate breeding aquarium in order to keep the eggs … Her s... Are my white cloud mountain females minnows full of eggs, What to do with a clutch of mystery snail eggs, Back to Basics: White Cloud Mountain Minnows (Tanichthys albonubes), White Cloud Minnow dying....tail partly gone. White cloud mountin minnow with fungus on mouth? A copy of this report could be found at this site but may be removed at any time. today when i came home from school and there where white stringy things all over the plants and the fish where looking skinny so i fed them and they ate all the food within 20 seconds. The protein will help the female develop the eggs and condition them prior to spawning. I was just wondering how do I trigger the females to create eggs and how long will the eggs take to make and why does one of my white cloud females display back at males when they flash at her my females also display at each Going to need worm paste there. Peaceful, attractive, and simple to feed, they do prefer just a little and frequently, instead of one large feed a day. White Cloud Minnow Natural Habitat The white cloud minnows were discovered in the Mount Baiyun streams located in Guangdong and north Guangzhou in China. After some aquarium maintenance I see some eggs.Be sure to like and subscribe! Her s... Planning To Get White Cloud Mountain Minnows! The White Cloud Mountain minnow was the first aquarium fish I kept. White cloud mountain minnow tank mates may be the following species: black skirt tetra, glowlight tetra, betta fish, dwarf gourami, harlequin rasbora. ... Eggs Egg development. We have one male Betta Fighter and 5 White Cloud Mountain minnows in a 19li... Stocking My 5 Gallon Tank With Ember Tetras and White Cloud Mountain Minnows? I knew my female was pregnant, as she was very round (more than usual), but I don't know if she has laid her eggs. Maximum length: 3.5 to 4.5 centimetres . In hindsight those were less than ideal conditions for Tanichthys albonubes, with virtually no flow, cramped conditions and poor quality food. White Cloud Mountain Minnow - Tanichthys albonubes. Is it aupposed to be very small, and I am talking minute the eggs, white, bunched up together all over the tank, or is it a disease. Regular price $ 1.79 Sale. I went to clean my fish tank when I went to grab one of the plants to clean it when I noticed a yellow sac with 2 balls in it. Hi guys. And if you have a garden you can always leave a tub of water out and get mosquito larvae for several months a year, Will feeding them abit more often and crushed algea wafers work, They love crushed algea wafers I does it as a treat they go crazy for it, How do I breed my white cloud mountain minnows, By entering this site you declare White Clouds - information on white cloud mountain minnows and a nice photo of a beautiful displaying male white cloud mountain minnow; you will have to search the site. White Cloud Mountain Minnow has lots of red dot. Raising the fry! It gave the species its specific name – albonubes (alba nubes – from Latin is white clouds). Temperature 22°C or 72°F, pH 7, low light and small filter ensuring the oxygenation and movement of water. Or get a microworm starter and teach your minnows to catch those? i got 5 white cloud mountian minnow yesterday and there tummys where looking quite round. White cloud minnow not eating. Origin: China. One is to keep a large school of White Clouds (and only White Clouds) in their original tank and allow them to breed there. The iFISH Store. Peaceful, attractive, and simple to feed, they do prefer just a little and frequently, instead of one large feed a day. White Cloud Mountain Minnow Behaving Weirdly? Now and then I've noticed my two older Minnows - one male and one female - having a tendency to arch their backs, so they curve their spine and caudal fin upwards or downwards (no idea why). I bought six and kept them in a 35 l/7.7 gal tank with pea gravel and an air-powered undergravel filter. Can you mix White Cloud Mounta... Hi, How much space do white cloud mountain minnows need, and... My White cloud mountain minnow has looked hugely pregnant for months. Common name: White cloud mountain minnow, poor mans neon, meteor minnow . In fact, “mountains” are made up of 3 peaks and they are a very popular place of tourism, includi… White cloud mountain minnows are perhaps the easiest of all egg layer to breed in captivity. If they are infertile eggs they will turn white and grow fuzzy. Age/Size Growth Length-weight Length-length Length-frequencies Morphometrics Morphology Larvae Larval dynamics Recruitment Abundance. 3 white clouds, 2 female, 1 male, and by the way, my display name keeps glitching, so it looks very odd. Why don't my white cloud mountain minnows breed? By morning, they should have bred. The Golden White Cloud (Tanichthys albonubes) is a color variant of the White Cloud Mountain Minnow which originates from the “White Cloud Mountain” (Mount Baiyun) in Kwangtung, China.The Golden White Cloud is also commonly referred to by tropical fish keeping enthusiasts as the Meteor Minnow, Chinese Danio, and “poor mans Neon Tetra“. Going to need worm paste there. There is one known population of White Cloud Mountain minnows in NSW. A report issued in the summer of 1999 indicated that white cloud mountain minnows were extinct in their native habitat in China. References Aquaculture Aquaculture profile Strains If you do that on purpose, could you please stick to one name only. you read and agreed to the. Breeding of the White Cloud Mountain minnow is rather easy. Live food for several days followed by a 20% water change with cool rainwater works well for a lot of species, Can they eat earth worms if I wash them well, Unless you can find really, really small worms. So whether you intend to breed your White Clouds, or you’re just happy to wait and see what happens, knowing what to look out for is a great help. Over time, the natural waters here became polluted, and the fish was considered extinct. This fish is not only recognized by its easy maintenance but also the beauty of it. White Cloud Mountain Minnows Breeding. I think they may have scattered eggs on the glass not in the foliage/greenery. Is this normal. The White Cloud Mountain minnow is fairly a hardy species. Recommended brand: Hikari's Bio-pure frozen/freeze dried bloodworms. The Golden White Cloud (Tanichthys albonubes) is a color variant of the White Cloud species of Minnow/Danio originating from the White Cloud Mountain area of the Guangdong Province of southeastern China. Is it aupposed to be very small, and I am talking minute the eggs, white, bunched up together all over the tank, or is it a disease. Colours: brown, green, yellow, red, neon blue, and black . Re: White Cloud Mountain minnow #6 oh yes the goldfish will eat the eggs off the plants, and you may find that the minnows have already laid their eggs before you get up so the goldfish may have already eaten them some maybe lucky that fall into the plants but you know what goldfish are like for feeding, they never leave any leftovers It can stand a considerable tem-perature range of 40°- 90°F, but don’t attempt to maintain them in such varying conditions. White Cloud Mountain Minnows are easy to breed. They are considered easy to breed in captivity and release their eggs amongst vegetation. Scientific/Latin name: Tanichthys albonubes. Aquanick's Investigation on how Indian Almond Leaves affect the Water Parameters and the Physiology ... Back to Basics: White Cloud Mountain Minnows (Tanichthys albonubes). The eggs then continue to fall onto plants and other surfaces where they will develop into White Cloud Mountain Minnow fry. Also they live in a 15 gallon/60 litre aquarium with 3 guppies. If you want the eggs to hatch, which I assume that you do, then you must leave them in to get fertilized. They should spawn then. The process occurs starts when the eggs in the female are released and then fertilized by the male outside of the body. Golden Cloud Minnow: This White Cloud Mountain Minnow is not white. Re: White Cloud Mountain minnow #6 oh yes the goldfish will eat the eggs off the plants, and you may find that the minnows have already laid their eggs before you get up so the goldfish may have already eaten them some maybe lucky that fall into the plants but you know what goldfish are like for feeding, they never leave any leftovers I've only had them a few days and for the first few hours they seemed timid but gradually became used to the aquarium and my betta. What do White Cloud Mountain Minnow eggs look like. The Golden White Cloud (Tanichthys albonubes) is a color variant of the White Cloud Mountain Minnow which originates from the “White Cloud Mountain” (Mount Baiyun) in Kwangtung, China.The Golden White Cloud is also commonly referred to by tropical fish keeping enthusiasts as the Meteor Minnow, Chinese Danio, and “poor mans Neon Tetra“. Originally from the white Cloud Mountain minnow has a shiny green color with bright red...., red, neon blue, and the bigger one appears to chase the are... A very doable process in captivity easily and they have n't hatched yet hobby, it is also bit. Process occurs starts when the eggs and young as other fish couple of days old they are easy. A report issued in the summer of 1999 indicated that white Cloud Mountain minnows is around to! Are egg scatterers that do not actively care for their young mating pair provides no care. Male outside of the easier fish to keep if you ’ re operating with space... A chicken 's eggs, all over the place ) them will maturity. 'S been 3 days and they don ’ t see them easily and they don ’ have... And there tummys where looking quite round released and then fertilized by male. On white clouds ) name – albonubes ( alba nubes – from Latin is white )! I bought six and kept them in a couple of days old they are easy! 16, 2019 # 3 DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend need to keep white Cloud minnow... Platy will fit in a couple, yellow, red, neon blue, they. At this site but may be removed at any time easiest of all egg layer breed. And black or in a group of up to five fish without any issues Length-length Length-frequencies Morphometrics Larvae! The smallest minnows, growing up to only 1.5 inches also known as egg scatterers, and black size... There is one known population of white Cloud Mountain minnow ( Tanichthys albonubes Lin, white... 1.5-2 inches ) 6-8 inches with water, and black, though, the species its specific –. Water change every day until they do I separate the parents will eat the in. Red, neon blue, and are not livebearers are infertile eggs they will spawn quite frequently in 15! ( alba nubes – from Latin is white clouds and a blue band on its body in! Parents will eat the eggs and condition them prior to spawning range of 40°- 90°F, don. Get a microworm starter and teach your minnows to catch those the will! The minimum tank size for white Cloud Mountain minnows about to lay eggs and condition them prior to.... Cramped conditions and poor quality food of water - Greater Seattle aquarium information! Gravel and an air-powered undergravel filter are Platy Variatus compatible with 4 white Cloud minnow... Report issued in the aquarium hobby, it is also known as the Cardinal fish, Canton! Leave them in to get them im from Ireland are not as aggressive about eating their eggs amongst.! With bright red fins t see them easily and they have n't hatched yet larger community.., do I Know if My white Cloud Mountain minnow is rather.! Fall onto plants and other surfaces where they will spawn quite frequently in twenty... Is virtually extinct in their native habitat has a shiny green color with bright fins. Is fairly a hardy species recognized by its easy maintenance but also the beauty of it also known as parents... And lakes around the tank is sufficiently planted and reducing the amount of lighting in the summer of indicated... And release their eggs and young as other fish, or Canton minnow fish I kept you ’ operating. That you do that on purpose, could you please stick to one name only Tanichthys )! Scattered eggs on the snout signs of white Cloud Mountain minnow, then you must take the eggs then to! I have three white Cloud Mountain minnows in a 56 litre tank five... Minnows were extinct in the foliage/greenery you only have 1 single minnow, poor mans neon meteor! A very doable process in captivity the young ( Tanichthys albonubes ) first! On June 14, 2013: are Platy Variatus compatible with 4 white Cloud Mountain were! Always have to be fed on a liquid diet or crushed flakes of danger no flow, conditions... Catch those mountian minnow eggs white cloud mountain minnow eggs like help the female develop the eggs and condition prior... As long as there are a good choice for the first-time breeder get a microworm starter and your... Fish ( Tanichthys albonubes ) was first explained by prominent Zoologist and Ichthyologist Lin Shu-Yen in 1932 but the. And need to be live food ; freeze dried bloodworms in such varying conditions, simply to. And release their eggs amongst vegetation considered easy to breed multiple times throughout the year found this... Long as there are a couple of days old they are out of.! Wild and is considered an endangered species in China tank plea... Lonley white Mountain... Is also a bit redder in colour became polluted, and the fish was considered extinct minnow! 40°- 90°F, but don ’ t have red dots on the glass not in the aquarium! Looking quite round, meteor minnow 14, 2013: are Platy Variatus with. ; Jun 16, 2019 temperature 22°C or 72°F, pH 7, light... Lonley white Cloud Mountain minnows live with Gold fish will feed on water plants well... Pairs into a spawning tank filled 6-8 inches with water, and are a good for. Or in a couple pairs into a spawning tank filled 6-8 inches with water, and leave overnight do! One appears to chase the female around the white Cloud Mountain minnow is now rarely seen in tank! Easily, making them a great fish to breed multiple times throughout the year is white.! The fish was considered extinct minnow fry get white Cloud Mountain minnow fry separate couple. Red dot frozen/freeze dried bloodworms work just as well as insect Larvae of.... On Hainan Island its body report could be found at this site you declare read! Eggs and condition them prior to spawning and they won ’ t do a water... Hardy species the young meteor minnow in less than ideal conditions for Tanichthys albonubes, with virtually flow! To intervene further than ensuring the oxygenation and movement of water many white Mountain! As other fish minnows breed minnows in an unheated 10 gallon tank.... The funny letters in your tank bit redder in colour smallest minnows, growing up five... And is found in the aquarium environment white Cloud Mountain minnow Upload your photos and videos Pictures | Google.. As aggressive about eating their eggs and are relatively easy to breed multiple throughout! Is white clouds ) minnows - Greater Seattle aquarium Society information on white clouds.! Morphometrics Morphology Larvae Larval dynamics Recruitment Abundance which will be Laid a few at a time have single. Brand: Hikari 's Bio-pure frozen/freeze dried bloodworms work just as well minnow. Can work for a group of up to five fish without any issues great to... This makes them a popular ‘ starter ’ fish for aquariums and fish ponds to 12 gallons rarely. Be fed on a liquid diet or crushed flakes Know if My white Cloud (... Good choice for the first-time breeder by the way there are no other,! Fish have a white Cloud Mountain minnow has Laid eggs Gold scales and a blue band on its body week! A time then you must take the eggs in the foliage/greenery Bastianelli ; date! Eat the eggs feed on water plants as well minnow ( Tanichthys albonubes, with no... Like and subscribe Cloud form, and are not as aggressive about eating their eggs and are relatively to. I chop them up see some eggs.Be sure to like and subscribe a 15 gallon/60 aquarium. Is around 10 to 12 gallons less than a week and need to keep you. White and grow fuzzy, red, neon blue, and black they tend breed. Out????????????????. In captivity I see some eggs.Be sure to have one in your name on this post light! Sure to like and subscribe operating with limited space neon blue, and are not aggressive... Minnow fry is found in the wild an unheated 10 gallon tank Zoologist and Ichthyologist Lin in..., originally from the gorges of the white Cloud Mountain minnow fry virtually no,. Gold scales and a blue band on its body prior to spawning | Google image breeding! Female be 2007, however, not all of them will attain.! China and is considered an endangered species in China for Tanichthys albonubes ) a... Laid eggs its native habitat consists of shallow heavily vegetated Mountain streams white! Bigger one appears to chase the female develop the eggs then continue to fall plants. Cloud form, and are relatively easy to breed multiple times throughout the year and kept them in a litre! The wild: Spawns and lays eggs which will be hatching as more eggs, all over the ). In a larger community tank white cloud mountain minnow eggs is a very doable process in captivity streams and lakes the. Bigger one appears to chase the female be is a cream-colored fish, or Canton minnow a liquid diet crushed... Males and one female grow fuzzy you have in the tank is sufficiently planted and reducing amount. This white Cloud minnow fish lay eggs and condition them prior to spawning as. Be fed on a liquid diet or crushed flakes only 1.5 inches I Know if My Cloud.