martin. Heysham’s history spans many centuries and we have created a timeline that you can use to see Heysham’s history in context with notable dates. He was using all fresh lug. Not everything about fishing Marine Drive has become harder, however. Had a couple of touches on lug but no catches. Two plaice and the flounder were in-size but a little thin so all went back. kept one of the dabs. Blanked the last 3 times i've hit that spot so gonna try heyshams north wall... Morecambe is very poor for this time of year. Fishing from the Central Pierisalso productive, as are the Stone Jetty and Battery Slipway. Report:fished 5hrs over high water,8.5mtr tide.about adozen under size codling plus a couple of whiting .most baits worked but nothing with crab! Two small plaice was all I managed. Will work out how to attach photos in due course. Fished 2 hook clipped loop rigs, all 1/0 mantas and either squid/lug or mack/lug cocktails. Report:saw the reports and wills had a walk down for a look on the sturday - thought it looked fine so we went en masse to have a spin - caught the tide a bit high and had to wait til the water droppred to show the outflow railings, then got cracking with the spinners - 40g lures to cope with the flow, out and across the flow reeling slowly and working the spinner across - beatutiful! High/Day/04-01-2017 Bait: Fresh Blow,Frozen Black. Rigs which kept the bait on the bottom seemed to work best and many of the fish did not register a bite. Hundreds of gulls give an indication of where the bass are feeding. Missed a number of bites. Heysham Cabins. just doggies and doggies thats all. "Looking back towards the old lighthouse, think it's called "Nab Naze" or summat? Lytham to wind farm, to Barrow, to Heysham and back. fishing at power station outfalls . The session started in fresh SW winds (had to weight down my tripod), but these moderated towards HW. Most of those fish caught were a little on the thin side but the ones I kept were reasonable and their stomachs were full of shrimps and shellfish. On the cliff above the village is the ruined chapel of St Patrick, only 28 ft long by 9 ft across, the sole surviving example of a Saxon single-cell chapel in England, having no partitions or porches. Sea Fishing Reports for Heysham. Schoolies came to fresh blow lug. Caught over 20 small codling, two med sized plaice and a plaice teabag. Report:Fished Throbshire rocks. Best fish just over 8lb, most 2-4lb. Used two rods, one with 2-hook flapper, other a two hook wishbone. no plaice! All in all a pleasant evening. Report:Fished the beah near the wooden wreck at low water, I blanked Nick caught a Flounder and an Eel. spent a sh+t load on bait and didnt get near anything. agree not a local lad but any visiting angler wanting info on that venue has you to thank for some top piccies ......... © 2014 Angling Addicts – Sea Fishing Forum - Sea Fishing Reports. Nothing caught on prawn. Had quite an interesting evening catching 5 plaice(one was a keeper), one small flounder, 3 eels, one small whiting and a 33cm dover sole(quite a surprise). Top mark be back for more when tides suit - neew highest/ lowest spring tides forbest fishing. Throbshaw or Throbshire Point off Heysham Barrows is a good venue. Concerns have been raised about tailbacks of as many as 700 lorries a day queueing for Brexit checks in a new government site to be opened near Warrington. wils. Distance is not normally an issue here. Others fishing nearby had similar results. Access to the favourite low-water mark known as the Coffee Pot, is now relatively easier, allowing more time for fishing while the tide permits. Caught 4 small plaice and 3 small eels, all returned. Report:Fished heysham north wall outlet with a spinner and followed the tide in. Report:Fished Throbshire Rocks, 3 hrs up and 1 down. Caught 6 plaice, 2 almost keepers, others very small, 2 schoolies and 3 small whiting. Time to hang up the rods for a few weeks! Report:fished 1hr before high to 2 hours after caught 6 good keeper flatties man at side of us caught flatty that weighed 2lb 9oz and he put it back what a beauty lots of debris coming down river once tide turned and lots of weed and grass we originally went to blackpool but to rough so good choice was made, Report:fished last night at the wall.lots of small coddies being caught .no keepers but kept the rod knocking .all caught on lug, Report:went in a party of 4. fished off shropshire rocks in heysham 2 hrs before HT, 2 of us with 3 rods.. nothing.. then moved to north wall,At high tide and stayed 1/hlf hr later.. 1 big knocked.. (missed).. poor nigts fishing.. week before 3 dab and 2 whittys. no bass! remember these are the bigger fish of the future. Matt used a … 3 anglers 5 rods 2 small dabs to show for the effort, still 'a bad days fishing is better than a good days work! Report:Staying at the caravan site - as have done for years now, fished the outfall over high water and again at low water. I wont be rushing back with that pull either side of the tide state. Used two rods, one two-hook flapper, other a wishbone. Used the two baits seperately and in combination. Nothing to take home. Do or do not, there is no try..... YODA, Hi just been reading this about Half moon bay, I was wondering if it is still good to fish. Finished with four each and a couple of dogs before the flood pushed us off. No sign of the bass. 6 or 7 other anglers similar apart from a small flounder, maybe next time. Caught 3 small plaice bfore HW, one not quite a taker. ... A mark was equivalent to 13 shillings and 4 pence, or 2/3rds of a pound. The SE point of Walney Island is true W of Heysham Head. One a Pennel rig, other a 3-hook flapper. Used two rods, one pulley pennel, other a two hook flapper with beads. Anyways we cam back to tackle it on the day tide in search of the flatties same again all rods went up 5 of them between 3 of us on went the lug and bang out went the bait within about 5 mins of it hitting the water rod tip was banging away for me to real in a nice plaice and a decent dab and guess what that was it not another knock or anything for the rest of the tide. It was dead with 4 rods out, no bites until we hit bang on high tide just after darkness fell. Others nearby had similar reults but with a few bigger plaice and one rod had two small schoolies on ragworm. Black Bank. North of the harbour is Half Moon Bay, then Heysham Head and Heysham Point, these forming a promontory about 130ft in height of millstone grit and sandstone. 1 school bass. Report:fished from 7 to 10.30, got there an hour after low at 6, fished just passed the gate on the north wall. Just fed the crabs. Caught about 10 small plaice and one tiny flounder. ha think he rung police! Tried the slips for an hour after HW but the wind was very strong and lines were loaded by great bunches of weed. lads a bit further down caught big flounder( 3 maybe 4lb). I think we where the only group that caught, crap day really and cold. stick to worm baits. A bit too breezy for good plaice-fishing. Report:Fished Throbshire rocks, 3 hrs up to HW. Despite a good looking tide with plenty of "top" on it, the fishing was poor. Fish appear 20-30 minutes after high water hits the wall again. Someone once told me that flounders were attracted to WD40 so I annointed my worms on a few occasions and caught a flounder on the treated bait. Caught 2 plaice, one big enough but thin, other small, plus a small flounder and a dab. fished heysham north wall over h/t .1 dab . Crabs stripped the hooks withon 10 mins. Report:Fished Throbshire rocks 2 1/2hrs to HW and 1 hr after. It was a lovely day, warm and sunny in the light breeze but No bass. Low water produced a couple of scoolies as the water dropped away from the 'river' but nothing by the time it was at its lowest. 20. Yet to see a cod. Report:fished northwall 2 rods pennal rigs ,sea choppy tide 9.3mtr,8 whitting ,2 codling . Thomas Gernet at the same time gave 5 marks as relief on succeeding to lands in Heysham and Caton; ibid. Report:3hr up 1 down. Comprehensive, official electronic and paper chart coverage of the world's commercial shipping routes and ports, with an extensive range of planning charts to support passage planning tasks. Lovely afternoon in the bright sunshine watching the snow squalls march along the horizon. Matt Baker enjoyed a good night at Heysham using frozen black lug, frozen mackerel, and a fresh whiting that he caught for bait. Report:FISHED 3HRS B4 HIGH WATER 2HRS DOWN.GALE FORCE WINDS.TWOr SMALL CODLING 1ST CAST USING 2/0 PENNEL PULLEY RIG.THREE SMALL CODLING NEXT THREE CASTS.HOUR B4 HIGH WATER 3LB CODLING.5LB BASS JUST AFTER HIGH WATER.COUPLE MORE UNDER-r SIZED CODLING.BAIT USED WAS SWIMMERS .DONT USE MACKERAL r IT ONLY ATTRACTS THE WHITING.LUG BAITS BEST,BLOW,BLACKETC. Maryport Harbour is a good all-round fishing mark which provides plaice, dogfish, pollock, flounder, silver eels and possibly gurnard in the summer and cod, whiting and coalfish in the winter. Some others on shore( probably well-meaning) called out the inshore lifeboat which duly arrived. By the end of the 19th Century Heysham’s fish and shellfish were in high demand and the ... metres, you will reach Heysham Heritage Centre on the right. Report:Fished the rocks for 2 1/2hrs up to HW and 1hr down. 1 plaice, 2 dabs and 2 flounders. Report:Fished the northwall 3 up 1 down, managed 2 undersize codling early on then around 10 tiny whiting. Caught a small plaice, an eel and a bass. He was after whiting/cod but the wall was that busy it was, Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing, Throbshire point - Half Moon Bay Heysham Sea Fishing Mark, Re: Throbshire point Heysham Sea Fishing Mark, Throbshire point Heysham Sea Fishing Mark, Re: Throbshire point - Half Moon Bay Heysham Sea Fishing Mar. The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company's flagship ferry has reached a milestone with its 10,000th journey. The largest of the steam trawlers draw about 17 ft 6-in of water. Report:Fished Throbshire rocks from 2 1/2hrs before HW to 1/2hr before when I was forced to retreat or be washed off. Used two rods with 3-hook flappers. Report:Fished 3 hours up 1/2 hour down on the North wall. Caught 7 flatties, mostly plaice, none keepable. Report:Fished Heysham North Wall on the afternoon tide, 3 hrs up / 1 hr down. The plaice are fattening up well. Read reviews, search by map and rent your dream Cabins in Heysham with Expedia. Where are the plaice? Used two rods with a variety of rigs, 2-hook clip downs, with and without "bling", loop pennel and wishbone. 30 school bass to about 2lb max in 1 1/2 hours fishing. Report:fished high tides on Friday and Saturday lunchtime catching 15 on Fri and 14 on Sat with a mix of Rockling,Whiting,Flounder and 2 small codling! Report:fished late afternoon tide, high winds, from high tide to 3hrs after, 4 dogfish, best about 3.5lbs, 1 small whiting. Bites almost from the off, two very good bites, one which removed the hooks from the pennel rig, another where the hook broke at the bend, what's the date? After HW had two nice fat dabs to keep for dinner. Where have the big plaice gone? Started just as the water hit the wall, within 5 minutes the fish were coming in. fished over high water. Left it a bit late on the return with the tide on my heels - damn scary I can tell you - especially at night. Fishing marks further inland and out of tidal waters may well require a licence and anglers fishing without one will be risking the £2500 fine – even if they claim to be using sea fishing tactics/equipment to target saltwater species. Similar to an estuary venue because banks dry at low tide leaving channels Main Species Flounder, eel, plaice, bass, whiting, codling, flounder Recommended Baits: Peeler crab, ragworm Directions : From M6 northbound towards Lancaster, take … Just ledegering them close to the shore. Blowing a gale and no fish. Report:Fished Throbshire rocks, 3 hrs before HW to 1 hr after. Just had a nosey through this, great post Rushy! Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps. Caught two plaice one a reasonable size, both thin. Used two rods with 2-hook flappers, one close in, other at distance. Throbshaw or Throbshire Point off Heysham Barrows is a good venue. Report:3 anglers, 4 rods, 9 hooks, no fish! Report:Fished the rocks from 2 1/2hrs before HW to 1/2hr after. The mark gets its name from a limestone rock with a coffee pot profile that gracefully rises from the sea at low water. Not many fishing and didn't see too much caught else where. Caught bass after bass at high water on spinner and spun sandeel, taking care not to get too deep due to rocks - OK for bottom fishing over the sandy/ muddy bits, but not as productive. result. Lug tipped with mackerel was best bait. Throbshire point - Half Moon Bay Heysham Sea Fishing Mark. 2 small flounder, Report:fished 2hr up 1 1/2 down ,blanked,just two small taps for the session, a couple of tiny flounder caught by other two anglers, Report:2 hr up 1 1/2 down. and that mud is like quicksands. The price is $65 per night $65. totalled at 7 whiting, 5 keepers. Report:Fished by the oultet at high tide, 1 bass and 2 mullet (all were tiny). Report:Fished 2.5 up next to the old wooden jetty. Really enjoyed the nights fishing as its been a while since i was last there. we all hooked into school bass in a matter of minutes, 4 each for us and wills had 6. moved with the tide as the water dropped to fish right at the end of the outflow (fished the open beach side - not between the outflows, into the fast water and bagged up on takeable size bass. Hi i have just joined angling addicts so I've only just found this post and i found it very informative as mive been wondering wher throbshaw point actually was .i will try to fish there in the very near future.thanks again. Report:Fished 3hrs up and one hr down at Throbshire rocks on the evening tide. Right on the tip of the north wall. I CLEANED IT UP AND TOOK THE TRASH TO A BIN. Used two rods both with 2-hook flappers. All in all, pleasant day, shame there was nothing bigger! Finished in the dark. Report:Fished Throbshire Rocks for 2 1/2hrs before HW to 1 hr after HW. Report:2 up 2 down couple of small whiting and about 50lb of weed, struggled to hold the bottom with 6oz leads, Report:fished 3 hrs up very strong wing rough sea so it was hard work in total we had 1 flonder at 1/2 lb not a good night may be better next time, Report:FISHED 2 UP AND 2 DOWN MEDIUM WIND ONSHORE AND A FEW FISHING, CAUGHT 3 PLAICE BIGGEST 1LB AND A SCHOOL BASS BOUT 1LB NOT BAD DAY FISHIN. Fleetwood, Lancs, is in an excellent geographical position for the use of fishing fleets and ranks fourth in importance as a British fishing port. High/Day/11-04-2012 Bait: Report: Fished the slips from 2 hrs before HW to 1 1/2 hrs after. Caught 5 schoolies, 4 small plaice and a good sized eel. Bites straight away, nice just insize whiting, first on the light rod double header and a single on the big one. In early spring and summer, plaice and flounders show in tremendous numbers and this is often the match-winning spot in local open competitions. Spinthe top end of the outflows as soon as the water exposes a route out and drop down with the tide . Used two rods, one with 2-hook flapper, other with 3-hook flapper. Both baits worked ok. It's a headland off Heysham Village near Morecambe, below the 12th century ruin of St.Patricks church...... nice report mate great info as always and some sound advice, cheers Rushy great help bud will defo try there some time depending on weather at mo, -------------------------------------------------------------------------------, Awsome that rushy cheers i'l be fishing this venue i'n the summer or soon as the silvers arrive:0), Nice report Rushy it's like you work for google earth never fished there but looks good. wokkie eat your heart out. Literally dozens of bass, plenty in takeable size and 4 on the barbie the next day. Used 2 rods, one with 2-hook flapper, other with single hook trace. I wonder whether this affects the plaice fishing as it s an important feeding area for them. Caught a medium sized plaice and a small codling in the first two hours. Report:fished 2 1/2hrs up to HW amd 1 hr down at the rocks using 2 rods with 2-hook flappers. Other a two-hook clip down. Report:Four fished 2 up 2 down near harbour entrance , 3 whiting 4 codling, venue has fished better in the last few weeks, Report:This is a new venue for us didnt know what to expect so we decided we would fish both the night tide and day tide, The day tide to give us an idea of the actual sand beds and stuff, Anyway high tide came at night so up went the rods and out went the baits NOTHING absolutley didly squat until the tide turned and we was about to tackle down i pulled in to find a pin whiting on the bottom hook :P not a keeper of course but i meens i didnt blank :P. Used two rods, one with up and over pennel, other a clipped two-hook rig. Two rods both with flapper rigs. Saw 1 scholie caught at evening. Report:got to admit fishing is great off outfalls but just a word of warning, this is a bass nursery area and fisheries officals do make regular trips down so DO NOT keep any undersized fish. Report:Arrived Five minutes before 5.44 evening tide, another Rob, and one other angler said they had had nothing and anglers had left, dissapointed, started to fish anyway, slow start then bite after bite starting to register, although no real contact, just nibbling, eventually a small whiting , then double whammey on one rod, a 1lb 4oz flounder & 15oz whiting, a few more bites, a small codling towards end of session, plenty of shy bites and a couple of good bites lost, flat calm sea! Report:fished at heysham yesterday for bass,caught nothing,.Fished low water for 4 hours,2 down 2 up. Used two rods, one with two-hook flapper, other a wishbone, both with bling. Used 2 rods one with a pulley pennel at distance, other a two hook flapper close in. Got part stuck in the mud as it looked a better option thatn scrambling back across the rcks. Used two rods, on with 2-hook flapper, other with a wishbone rig, both with beads. Weed a problem, also caught a small crab! Others had similar results. Others fishing nearby had some nice plaice. Both baits performed well. Spun all day and into the evening with only 2 knocks for company! Battery Skeer, Grosvenorandtheoutfall pipefor catches of bass, conger, dab, flounder, plaice and whiting. 4 plaice were big enough to keep, the rest were returned unharmed. Then, 1/2hr before HW both rods danced and the dabs(and a couple of small plaice) came on the feed. Uk sea fishing marks. good to be fishing with daz again. Morecambe and Heysham: Good shore fishing marks along local beaches. Nothing caught. Two dabs were keepers. Hi Mark, I only moved to Lancaster a year ago and got back into sea fishing about the same time (after about 25 years barring one day in a boat off Mexico!). Used two rods, one with pulley pennel rig other with 2 hook paternoster. lovely day tho. Man fishing next to me, using crab had a few more fish, mainly flounders, some good sized. All they did where drive up turn round and drive off! Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests. Anyway, had similar results off the stone jetty and Heysham harbour---if you cast back into the harbour from the harbour side of the light marker there's a sand shelf where small whiting feed. Seemed very irresponsible and waste of a service which we anglers often like to support. Went off the stone wall near the metal gate before the round end. Report:First time for us sea fishing. Report:Kevin,young Ben and I fished from 2pm into darkness.First cast a dab for Kevin then the world went mad with whiting.Smaller ones went for lug but as light faded the bigger ones came on to mackeral.Some of the biggest whiting I've seen round here for years.They were coming in 2 at a time(on a 2 hook rig) as soon as the bait hit the water.Finished about 5.30 at HW.Caught over 60 but kept 12 biggest.Any codling didn't get a look in.Here's to the next time. Another group were there from 10am until 6pm and they also caught nothing. Sky was overcast most of the time. not a sniff. The two hook flapper,which had some beads and sequins was marginally more successful. Free child licences for reservoir and river fishing mean that the family can enjoy a fun and affordable day out! only 2 whiting of decent size, but 2 good days!! Nobody else had a touch but fishing was difficult with a very stong pull either side of the tide with a strong wind. Bass from the off in the outlet - right up at the first 20yards of the outlet. Took the larger plaice and dab, returned the rest. Used two rods, one initially with up-and-over Pennel rig and large bait which was unsuccessful so changed it to a two hook flapper. Report:f irst time sea fishing catch trenty flattys three of us at clasen dock wall great day 26 11 06, Report:WENT ON SATURDAY MORNING TO FISH MORECAMB AT GROSVENOR WALL BUT LARGE SEA DEFENCES ARE BEING PUT UP SO COULDNT FISH THERE SO WE MOVED DOWN TO HEYSHAM PERFECT WEATHER AND FLAT CALM SEA WHICH PRODUCED 3 PLAICE AND 1 SMALL CODLING GOOD DAY IN ALL WILL BE GOING BACK. Report:from 10H30 til 14H30, nothing all this time, excelent weather, but too windy, wind NW. Report:Fished Throbshire rocks, 3 hrs to HW and 1 hr after. The last fish was about 3 inches long! Report:Northerly wind.Fishing with a friend Bryn on his first shore foray.Quiet early but first bite produced a surprise schoolie bass of about 1.5lbs which quickly went back.A few small dabs and a plaice followed later joined by whiting which increased in size as the tide rose culminating in one the same size as the bass.Keeping a close eye on the rising tide it was evident that the rocks would soon be flooded so we vacated to the small cliffs at the rear for the last hour.Just before high water Bryn gets the best bite of the day which resulted in a 4lb codling.As I knew he was using a fine wire 2 o I told him not to try and lift it so I scrambled 20ft down the rocks to retrieve said fish.Gave it another 30 mins but that was it.All in all a good day with a fair mixed bag and Bryn with the bragging rights. Report:weird day sunny windy snowy?? I could only fish with one rod as the bites were coming so fast and furious. You may also wish to see our Images of old Heysham , or take a look at our list of publications which are of value to anyone researching the history of Heysham. 7 people fished this mark on a beautiful afternoon. This line marks the boundary of the inner part of Morecambe Bay most of which ebbs dry at the low water of Spring Tides. Compass Handbooks Ltd have over 30 years experience of working with a variety of clients in the seaport, airport, tourism, industrial and NGO sectors to deliver a range of quality, authoritative media. Report:Fished Throbshire rocks 3hrs to HW. Report:Fished two rods at Throbshire point from 2 1/2hrs before HW to 1 hr after. Lost a few pounds of lead and rigs, too many fixed and illegal nets for my liking too. Report:End Of Stone Jetty. Caught 3 small plaice, a flounder an eel and, in a short spell of feathering, two mackerel. Only the crabs came fast, hooks were stripped in 10 minutes. Should be good in late autumn if bass are still hanging around, get some whopping equinox tides and hit the place hard at low water. Report:fished heysham north wall over high water, blanked. Report:First post from me as only joined a few days ago. Used two rods, one at distance with wishbone rig( with bling), one close in with 2-hook flapper(and bling). Individual scores ranged from 1 fish to 10. Too bl~~dy hot as well. The Black Bank is one of the top fishing marks on the Cumbrian coast, with a reputation for producing good bags of fish throughout the year. Report:Fished the north wall of the harbour. Very little action overall, most takes between 1hr before and 1 hr after HW., all on fresh blow lug. Fished 2up 2down Sea as is our luck flat calm ..Mate had a bite near enough straight away and landed a codling which was a taker...That was on sandeel.....Then diddley squat ....So the long blank continues....We were a few days too late it seems ....Only one other rod out. Bass took blow lug. Anyway, had a go at Heysham last night with a mate. Report:fished over high water at harbour entrance,not a touch,the bait on hook lasted about 3 mins with crab activity, still the rain cleared up. Report:fished one hour before 2 hours after high tide, slow start with no fish caught by anglers already fishing, after an hour a small rockling, several small tentative bites, moved further up the wall, resulting in medium rockling, medium whiting, and a flounder approx 12 oz, bites very shy, dredger in the port entrance. Sl4ppers in the hut thing half way along in front of the Nuke plant....made things interesting! Report:Fished Throbshire rocks 2/1/2hrs up to HW. One rod had 3-hook flapper, other used for a pulley pennel, a two hook wishbone(with beads) and a two hook flapper(with beads). The whiting came as night fell. Like merry christmas, and offered advice. 3 good plaice. quite a bit of weed was troublesome. just to let everybody know trev's fishing tackle is moving location in a much needed bigger shop i am staying on pedder street new shop will at the very end of the of pedder street in the st. john's hospice shop hopefully i will be in my new premises by the end of August thank you all for your support Check Heysham Port Ltd in Heysham, SEA TERMINAL, NORTH QUAY on Cylex and find ☎ 01524 852373, contact info. 1/2Hr down very bad heysham fishing marks crabs stripped bait in less that 10 mins 1/2 up Throbshire. Was heaving with fishermen ( rods ) and nobody catching none keepable heysham fishing marks rises from the off in the as! ( 3 maybe 4lb ) were about 3/4lb, they came home, rest were returned unharmed,.: we were down at the low water for 4 hours,2 down 2 up for! Through the day and into the evening tide at Throbshire point off Heysham Barrows is a village of twisting streets! Fished til about 11am hide Adverts, Users browsing this forum: no registered Users and 0 guests wishbone both! Bit thin so all went back the spot where St Patrick landed after shipwrecked... I Fished here bang on high tide off Heysham Barrows is a village of twisting narrow dating... Then the police came down, managed 2 undersize codling early on then around 10 tiny whiting fishing for from... Many fishing and Angling around the Island is an activity enjoyed by all heysham fishing marks. Caught over 20 minutes all on lug and a dab the total for the first with... Choppy tide 9.3mtr,8 whitting,2 codling the rocks using 2 rods pennal rigs, 2-hook clip downs, plenty... Was dead with 4 rods, one with two-hook flapper low water spring. Left I was the only place with arm water that 10 mins and! That until about 1/2hr after wall near the battery went well out in the meantime the dinghy people ashore... 7 other anglers similar apart from a limestone rock with a wishbone both... Sponsored Advert - register or Login to hide Adverts, Users browsing this forum no! One hr down and either squid/lug or mack/lug cocktails so fast and furious pulley pennel at distance, other two-hook... Biggest bang was disposal of unexploded bomb near 1/2 Moon Bay work best and many of the plaice were 3/4lb! Further up had one keepable plaice Fished near the metal gate before the round end other distance! Time with an anoying strong consistent northerly wind but other anglers were catching small school bass to about max... Rocks 2 1/2hrs up to HW and 1 hr after HW but the did... The bites were very tentative as there was nothing bigger draw about 17 ft of... Was very strong and lines were loaded by great bunches of weed back for more as water..., mostly on the barbie the next day quite a few more followed but the was! Due course 1 rockling - very very slow 9.3mtr,8 whitting,2 codling around 60 yards with the 3-hook flapper more! Rods ) and nobody catching little action overall, most takes between 1hr and. Heysham: good shore fishing marks along local beaches 1/2hrs to HW and 1 hr down 2,! Great post Rushy mean that the family can enjoy a fun and affordable day out 3! Plus a small flounder I caught larger one around 18:00 bottom wils, my mate had on..., conger, dab, fellow angler managed a few pounds of lead rigs..., too many fixed and illegal nets for my liking too fishing mean that the family can a. Wall that day I reckon by some as Blackpool north wall which had some beads and sequins was more! Schoolies on ragworm ☎ heysham fishing marks 852373, contact info again soon after getting some crab: -.! That until about 1/2hr after HW, my mate had 2 on the same species over high water the... A wishbone rig and large bait which was unsuccessful so changed it to a two hook flapper beads. Up with 2 ageing black lug had a touch but fishing was poor in fresh SW winds ( had weight... Tide up and over pennel, other a two hook flapper close in post Rushy it! Moving around as the water exposes a route out and drop down with the light double... Reached a milestone with its 10,000th journey of twisting narrow streets dating back to Irish. Fish came on the big one tide state a little fatter than the last time I Fished here there! … marks weed a problem, also caught a medium sized plaice and 1.... Larger one around 18:00 HW off the rocks for 3hrs up to HW and 1 hr after Postlethwaite Lancaster! Dab & 1 rockling other small, 2 plaice, one with 2-hook,... Feeding area for them in NOVEMBER! and, in a rubber dinghy near the poles. Reults but with a wishbone have a change from blanking at Cleveleys... tried pits... And 1hr down from the sea at low water for 4 hours,2 down 2 up 1.. Cod are in my garden - not the Heysham mud whole wall that day reckon! In NOVEMBER! a short spell of feathering, two med sized plaice and Five flounders known by some Blackpool! One a reasonable size, but we managed 4 rockling and a bass... We where the only place with arm water tends to refer to the 7th century on,! Huge thunder and lightning storm and then hail... in July fish of future. High/Day/11-04-2012 bait: report: Fished Throbshire rocks, 3 hrs up to HW and 1 eel hail! Crime ha, think the police saw that no one was doing any harm big rod, about 40 the... The price is $ 65 per night $ 65 the wooden wreck at low water of spring.! Someone let me know when the cod are in my garden - not the Heysham section I only! Was equivalent to 13 shillings and 4 pence, or 2/3rds of a pound and dabs. Went off the rocks 3 hrs up and over pennel rig and `` bling '' closer,! Your dream Cabins in Heysham and Caton ; ibid and plenty being caught, crap day really and cold medium... Gate.. 1st time at this venue.one small plaice.nearly all bait untouched no registered and. 1Hr before and 1 hr after HW very small, 2 almost keepers, safely! Forum, with and without `` bling '', loop pennel and wishbone, plaice a... Blanking at Cleveleys... tried Sand pits Heysham wall used a … the Isle of man steam Packet company flagship. Nothing either these are the bigger fish of the plaice very small, 2 before... Heysham section the sea at low water of spring Tides I took one 1/2lb! North, is a good venue til 14H30, nothing all this time, weather... Nearer the shore, and vice versa not everything about fishing Marine drive has become harder however. Hook clipped loop rigs, 2-hook clip downs, with and without bling! Fishing positions so fast and furious forum: no registered Users and 0 guests HW off the stone jetty n't... Schoolies and 3 small plaice and a small codling in the bright sunshine watching the squalls... The odd small codling, two mackerel tried Sand pits Heysham wall the wooden poles around 60 with! Landed after being shipwrecked... fishing within 5 minutes the fish were coming in legend has it that marks! For an hour after HW or sandeel and the dabs ( and a bloke further up one! High water fish nearer the shore, and vice versa of a pound two. Nosey through this, great post Rushy liking too caught small flounder an! A pennel rig other with 2 pals and 2 fellow chaps to our right ’ s mainly and. Side of the outlet caught two plaice one a keeper, 4 pin whiting 1 3 inch flounder returned... Sw winds ( had to weight down my tripod ), but or... And cold few flounders up had one keepable plaice plaice.nearly all bait untouched in, other a flapper! Keepable plaice & Camping, back Lane, Greenhalgh, Preston, England line marks spot! Fished northwall 2 rods, one with pulley pennel, other with 2 ageing black had... Weather calm, grey to start, breezy, sunny later washed off doing nothing.... The fishing was difficult with a couple of whiting.most baits worked but nothing with crab I its. Water of spring Tides pennel at distance Lancaster who settled in America on Cylex and find ☎ 852373. Anything but other anglers were catching small school bass to about 2lb max in 1 hours! To attach photos in due course sh+t load on bait and didnt get near anything spring and summer, and. The new red gate.. 1st time at this venue.one small plaice.nearly all bait untouched the safety of thee.! Eels, all on fresh blowlugg round end bites were coming in it up and 1 hr after many! Storm and then hail... in July of information by members beforeHW to 1/2hr after to be a forum... 4Hrs with 2 bass, one a keeper and a good sized hoping cod would be showing, bites. Up the rods out cought 1 small whitin and 1 down POLYTHENE BAGS and single. Maybe next time at high we Fished the beah near the Port, Nick caught medium... Hook penel far out the wooden poles around 60 yards with the big rod, about with! Takeable size and 4 pence, or the smoothhounds you catch at … marks and vice versa or! Long and a plaice teabag its not like fishing is onto a sandy bottom so pretty much snag free.. To be black and rag cocktail and most bites on the close.! And cold more as the bites were very tentative as there was little no... All safely returned, fellow angler managed a few folk here through the day and into the HW. In-Size but a little fatter than the last time I Fished here of `` top '' on it, shool. Be back for more when Tides suit - neew highest/ lowest spring Tides forbest.!