I opted for Xfce, a popular desktop environments, although there are more feature laden environments available. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Now you have a working Ubuntu on Windows 10 WSL. In this video we will see How to Install Linux Bash Shell on Windows 10. Tools to Perform 'Google Search' … Did something happen in 1987 that caused a lot of travel complaints? These also crash: startdde (the deepin desktop), cinnamon-session (the cinnamon desktop). wsl --set-version 2. Think Xfce looks dated? Start by running an update and upgrading Ubuntu: sudo apt update Steve Brown. Here's how to get started with Linux. - download from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcxsrv/ - sudo apt install tasksel The crazy shows no sign of abating just yet as Microsoft plans to let users run desktop Linux apps on Windows 10 and leverage GPU-intensive tasks. Windows 10 itself does not support GUI. Installing Ubuntu on WSL via the Microsoft Store (Recommended) The recommended way to install Ubuntu on WSL is through the Microsoft Store. WSL 2 Won't Run Ubuntu - Error 0x80370102. Step 3 and step 4 are extremely important to display GUI in windows 10 wsl. If you just want to install only Plasma Desktop not the apps come along with it or rather I say a complete KDE desktop environment then use the below command. But dual-booting can be difficult to manage while setting up a virtual machine comes some stability issues. Install a Linux Desktop in Windows. Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu! (2) Installed Ubuntu Linux distribution. Install a complete Ubuntu terminal environment in minutes on Windows 10 with Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Why did DEC develop Alpha instead of continuing with MIPS? How can I improve undergraduate students' writing skills? If you repost your answer on the duplicate candidate above your answer will help a larger audience. (Other X Servers are available for Windows, including Xming and MobaXterm. To proceed, this should read "64-bit operating system". The image below shows a screenshot of my desktop, writing this article in Firefox on KDE Plasma on WSL running Ubuntu 20.04 on a Surface Pro 3 – enjoy! Download and install the Ubuntu desktop. Since the it worked with another version of ubuntu. Last week Microsoft released, to “Windows Insiders”, version 2 of the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).. You can check this in the same About screen, listed under Windows specifications. credit goes to David Bombal. To reinstall Ubuntu, download it from the Microsoft Store once again. Let me know your feedback on this article in the below comment section. Install WSL + Ubuntu + xfce4 + xrdp; Connect via Windows Remote Desktop (success!) Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Previous Next. In case you were unaware, with the 2018 Fall Creators Update Windows 10 shipped with the Windows Subsystem for Linux. Specifically, you may be running a Windows Server or Long-Term Servicing (LTSC) desktop OS SKU that doesn't support Microsoft Store, or your corporate network policies and/or admins to not permit Microsoft Store usage in your environment. Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd. Installing Ubuntu on WSL via the Microsoft Store (Recommended) The recommended way to install Ubuntu on WSL is through the Microsoft Store. For example, if I have a project in my Ubuntu distro at `~/wall-e`, I can access it from Windows Explorer (and from any Windows Process) via the special network share `\\wsl$\Ubuntu\home\simon\wall-e`. Running Xfce Desktop on Kali Linux (WSL) STEP 3 Double-click the batch file and start Ubuntu. Installing Ubuntu on WSL2. In today’s guide, we will use Window’s native RDP client to remote connect into your local WSL2 Ubuntu on the same machine. Good luck! The Windows 10 or 8 users including the latest Windows servers users can activate this feature from the control panel Turn and off windows feature option. A better terminal experience for Windows Subsystem for Linux(WSL)? @gus33000 posted a working solution on Twitter: https://twitter.com/gus33000/status/1188517307867381761. sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager. From here you can go ahead and try a few themes and other customisations to get working. Also can I limit the number of cores/threads WSL 2 can use? After that's done, you should make sure that gnome is installed because, as far as I know, the wsl version of Ubuntu doesn't ship with any gui apps, including gnome, and you do that by typing sudo apt install gnome gnome-session in the terminal.. Close Remote Desktop; Connect via Windows Remote Desktop (black, blank screen) Manual work-around. Thanks for reading, enjoy your new WSL Ubuntu Desktop! More Articles You May Like. While it's possible to browse your Windows folders from within the Linux apps, no actual files can be opened. Now, open the Ubuntu WSL Linux distro app and run the update and upgrade commands to make sure all the packages installed on the system are up to date. - select: "One large window" install mate tesktop for Debian: Want to have/access a Desktop environment on WSL? The link above will take you back to the relevant place within the KDE Plasma article . Thanks! Linux Distros Wsl. Recently, a second iteration of this aka WSL2 is announced which brings a full featured Linux kernel running in Windows as well. wsl --list --verbose If you are, then open up a bash shell in WSL 2. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS for WSL was released simultaneously with the general availability of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS in April. Ubuntu – WSL: Am I running version 1 or version 2. windows-subsystem-for-linux. install VcXsrv in windows 10: “[This] new architecture presents a better platform for the WSL team to deliver features that make WSL an amazing way to run a Linux environment in Windows,” say Microsoft of the tech. He also produces The Really Useful Podcast and has extensive experience in desktop and software support. Please note that Windows 10 S does not support running this app. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on Windows allows you to use Ubuntu Terminal and run Ubuntu command line utilities including bash, ssh, git, apt and many more. While all my personal systems are exclusively running Linux, as is the nature of working in most IT Support roles, the base of my shared company workstation in the office is Windows 10. You might do this by installing a browser and downloading files, or simply by hooking up a USB drive with media files on. What does "ima" mean in "ima sue the s*** out of em"? Posted by eising ⋅ November 5, 2018 ⋅ 5 Comments. You can check my videos on detailed steps Install GUI (mate desktop) to Microsoft Windows Subsystem Linux, step 1: To uninstall Ubuntu, right-click the Ubuntu shortcut in your Start menu and click Uninstall. Docker Desktop WSL 2 backend. - It crashes for any VNC service under WSL as far as I can tell. The following steps assume you installed Ubuntu as your preferred Linux operating system. When it comes to WSL and Ubuntu, I gave it a go and found it frustratingly hard to get the Unity desktop experience to work. Running Linux alongside Windows has proven to be increasingly useful over the years. No virtual machine is required and there is no dual booting. - open Debian in windows 10. The Linux system calls were translated into Windows system calls by Microsoft’s emulation layer. - open XLauch, and use the following options for setup Then come back to this article Install Kubuntu Desktop Components. If not, simply run a Windows Update. Raspberry Pi Bluetooth Tracker less than 1 minute read … So you want to Install WSL2 and Setup a graphical user interface (GUI) with Ubuntu 20.04 using WSL 2 on a Windows 10 computer. since Terminal doesn't actually know anything about the connected application on the other end we can't assume that it's WSL and do path translation and all that stuff. Join our newsletter for tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and exclusive deals! WSL 2 is the best way to experience Ubuntu on WSL. share | improve … In some cases, you may want to connect to Ubuntu desktop via remote desktop using existing protocols. Here's how to run a Linux desktop within Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux. However no true Linux kernel was running on the operating system. Alain Francois 12:05 … There are several scenarios in which you may not be able (or want) to, install WSL Linux distros via the Microsoft Store. With a Linux desktop installed, the convergence is almost complete. The development, announced at the Build 2020 conference, signals the single biggest enhancement to WSL since WSL 2 was announced this time last year. - It crashes under xrdp. There is no desktop. The first command lists the installed WSL distributions of Linux, and the second command converts Ubuntu from WSL1 to WSL2. I would suggest you to install VcXsrv to display GUI. We used VcXsrv which features the XLaunch tool. If not, and you're running 64-bit hardware, you'll need to upgrade Windows 10 from 32-bit to 64-bit. There are guides out there, but, what I ended up doing is running Ubuntu in Hyper-V instead. Click the first option (the bash run command) to start using Linux. sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade Install Mate Desktop GUI on WSL. One is for Kali Linux, the other is for the Debian based distros (Debian, Ubuntu, ...). Docker Desktop WSL 2 backend. wsl --list --verbose wsl --set-version Ubuntu-18.04 2 wsl - … Ubuntu on WSL. Using Gnome Desktop on Windows WSL version of ubuntu. Start by running an update and upgrading Ubuntu: While this upgrade is running, head to Sourceforge to download and install the VcXsrv Windows X Server utility. Ubuntu 18.04 on Windows allows one to use Ubuntu Terminal and run Ubuntu command line utilities including bash, ssh, git, apt and many more. Linux systems rely on X for displaying the desktop, but it can also be used across a network. You can use any Desktop Environment you want, I will be using Xfce in this example because it is lightweight. This instructs Linux to display the desktop through the X server. First, to enable Docker for Ubuntu on Windows via WSL2 you need to go to Docker Desktop > Settings > Resources > WSL Integration. Now, in this case, you would obviously need to add some media files into the Linux environment on your computer. Ubuntu 19.04 installed into WSL “Windows System for Linux” on Win10 host - How? The crazy shows no sign of abating just yet as Microsoft plans to let users run desktop Linux apps on Windows 10 and leverage GPU-intensive tasks. Install the packages if you don't have them already. In a High-Magic Setting, Why Are Wars Still Fought With Mostly Non-Magical Troop? To install the Mate Desktop environment, we don’t need to add any third-party repository. After connecting the USB drive, remember to mount it (this example uses D: as the drive letter): When you're done, you'll need to unmount the drive before removal. Once your distro is up and running you can setup either Xfce or Kde. First, you have to install a "X Window System" port for Windows. SHARE ON Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit. quick rundown for people wanting to recreate this: As great as WSL is, it's really not designed for that sort of thing. We recommend installing a desktop environment in WSL so that you experience a real Linux GUI in its full glory. You can check this in Settings > System > About, where you'll find the System type entry. Installing new software onto WSL is faster and easier than using the Windows Store! I just ran ccsm . Click Next, then select Start no client to ensure the XLaunch starts only the server, allowing you to start the Linux desktop later. This tutorial will guide you through installing Ubuntu's default desktop environment, GNOME. Will it run Graphics intensive programs? wsl --set-version 2. Want to run Linux on your Windows PC? - export DISPLAY=:0 wsl --set-version Ubuntu-18.04 2 There, you have a shiny full Ubuntu distro on your PC, you can open your Ubuntu shell and (proudly) check the version: Until next time - sudo tasksel install ubuntu-mate-desktop, step 3: When you first install Ubuntu/WSL from the Store, it doesn’t include any X Window related libraries or utility programs. article, he left all the commands for people to use in the comments section, I have added them on this page, so people can find them easier. start Mate-desktop environment: I have a 6 core/12 thread cpu (i7-9750H), can I set 11 threads for openmp? sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop. Here is the quick rundown of all commands and steps, explained in the sections below. Click Next again, then Finish. - Display number: 0 Trouble is, no matter what I do, I get this error: gnome-session-binary[23875]: WARNING: software acceleration check failed: Child process exited with code 1 . How do I get the Desktop to start? When we can say 0 and 1 in digital electronic? - export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1, step 5: From here you can go ahead and try a few themes and other customisations to get working. Filed Under desktop, linux, ubuntu, windows, windows10, wsl. I’ve got to say this is the best GUI experience in WSL2 that I’ve had – it’s almost as good as native, without the hassle of dual boot. Categories: Nix, WSL. We're going to keep things simple and install a lightweight environment called LXDE. - It crashes for any VNC service under WSL as far as I can tell. I've tried running this stuff from the Ubuntu app, bash and WSL. This is an optional feature that can be easily installed, which supports the installation of the Linux operating systems available in the Windows Store. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Updated: February 15, 2019. xfce4 works, as does mate-session (the mate desktop). I am not able to run GUI successfully by sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop.However, I successfully installed mate-desktop GUI in Debian and ubuntu.. Desktop Environments: Xfce & Kubuntu. So, when you run the X Server program you downloaded above, you'll see the Linux desktop environment. I did uninstall Ubuntu 20.04 then re-installed and did all the same set up. (No account, login, license server negotiation, nor payment required.) By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Viewed 17k times 7. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Do I need my own attorney during mortgage refinancing? How To Upgrade Existing WSL/WSL2 Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04; Running Docker inside Ubuntu with WSL2 - Windows 10; Troubleshoot and Improve RDP Connections with UDP; Windows Package Manager Preview Released - You can WinGet apps now ; How To Fix and Troubleshoot Docker Desktop Windows Won't Start; TAGS; Linux Subsystem; RDP; rdp client; ubuntu; WSL; wsl2; 8 COMMENTS. In addition to installing a Linux desktop, you can simply install a Linux desktop app from Windows 10. Install KDE Plasma Desktop on Ubuntu 20.04. The following Ubuntu releases are available as apps on the Microsoft Store: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial) is the first release available for WSL. The development, announced at the Build 2020 conference , signals the single biggest enhancement to WSL since WSL 2 was announced this time last year . Please note that Windows 10 S does not support running this app. xWSL.cmd (Version 1.2 / 20201110) Beauty and Simplicity - A 'one-liner' command completely configures XFCE 4.14 on Ubuntu 20.04 in WSL. Recently, a second iteration of this aka WSL2 is announced which brings a full featured Linux kernel running in Windows as well. We only installed Ubuntu as a Linux distro, but never actually ‘installed’ the other distro. A Guatemalan programmer who goes by the GitHub handle Guerra24, has "managed to run Unity [Ubuntu's default desktop interface] inside WSL, … Is it possible to lower the CPU priority for a job? The Ubuntu distribution that’s installed from the Microsoft Store doesn’t come with any GUI components installed. It only takes a minute to sign up. @DHowett-MSFT you said. You can use any Desktop Environment you want, I will be using Xfce in this example because it is lightweight. Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2 introduces a significant architectural change as it is a full Linux kernel built by Microsoft, allowing Linux containers to run natively without emulation. Unlike WSL 1, WSL 2 runs Ubuntu in a virtual machine, using Hyper-V — much more similar to Multipass — while using Microsoft’s own Linux kernel. sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade Install Mate Desktop GUI on WSL. No Unity this time. Ubuntu 20.04 Remote Desktop Access from Windows 10 step by step instructions. Now, open the Ubuntu WSL Linux distro app and run the update and upgrade commands to make sure all the packages installed on the system are up to date. However, I successfully installed mate-desktop GUI in Debian and ubuntu. gnome-session-binary[23875]: CRITICAL: We failed, but the fail whale is dead. Ensure your X window server is installed before proceeding. WSL is a layer which helps Linux programs to run inside Windows as native programs without needing of a virtual machine or recompiled as Windows executables. Starting with Docker on Ubuntu in WSL 2 without Docker Desktop. In order to run GUI in wsl you need to install a X server and get it to configure correctly. Ubuntu on WSL. I am running 18.04 LTS on Windows subsystem for Linux (WSL). There's no need to worry about virtual machines or the pain of dual booting. Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. It does work if you run a vnc server manually in a normal (not WSL) ubuntu, which isn't that helpful. If you have set up the Windows Subsystem for Linux already, click Start and enter bash. The Ubuntu repository doesn’t just contain server-grade software, but also a full suite of desktop applications. Another prerequisite is that you need to be running Windows 10 build 14393 or later. Ask Question Asked 2 years, 8 months ago. Once Windows 10 is compatible, it's time to follow our guide to installing the Windows Subsystem for Linux. If you don’t know how to install WSL or Ubuntu 20.04 on WSL, have a look at this article and read up until the instructions to use TaskSel (it’s not actually needed). The third command is optional, if you want all future WSL distros installed to use WSL2 features by default. For Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, is there a way to install the Gnome Desktop in the Windows (WSL downloaded from the MS Store) version of Ubuntu? Here are the steps for me to display GUI by wsl. Make sure you have “Enable integration with my default WSL distro” selected and also turn on each distro (if you have multiple Linux running). To launch, use "ubuntu1804" on the command-line prompt (cmd.exe), or click on the Ubuntu tile in the Start Menu. While there’s no firm date for when users can expect to run GUI Linux apps on Windows 10 Microsoft say new capabilities will arrive via Windows 10 updates later this year, once WSL 2 is more widely available. WSL runs a binary compatibility layer inside … If you want to create a Windows shortcut for launching the Xfce desktop, you can follow the steps described in the post below: Creating a Windows Shortcut for Linux GUI Desktop (WSL) I will paste my solution to the duplicate candidate, thanks, I solved my problem by partitioning my disk and installing a full Ubuntu 19.04, Run ubuntu-desktop on WSL (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS). @StephenQuan You should consider posting an answer on that here or on the duplicate link. - next Please confirm your email address in the email we just sent you. Here are the steps for me to display GUI by wsl. Second, to enable graphical Linux desktop applications from Windows 10’s Bash Shell, I followed the following steps as shown here as follows: (4) I installed an X Server that is Xming (5) Installed graphical GTK-based vim editor as test using: When disk checking is complete or if you have canceled it, after a few seconds, you should see the … For me, I only have Ubuntu installed via WSL2 so that’s the only option shown here. For other versions of Ubuntu Desktop including torrents, the network installer, a list of local mirrors, and past releases see our alternative downloads. For Kali: Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop running on Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 using WSL There you have it – you can login and use your WSL2 Linux Ubuntu Desktop just as if it was a normal Linux installation. How can I upsample 22 kHz speech audio recording to 44 kHz, maybe using AI? Categories: Nix, WSL. Open WSL Linux Distro and Update. “[This] new architecture presents a better platform for the WSL team to deliver features that make WSL an amazing way to run a Linux environment in Windows,” say Microsoft of the tech. rev 2020.12.8.38145, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top. WSL 2 GNOME Desktop. WSL is a layer which helps Linux programs to run inside Windows as native programs without needing of a virtual machine or recompiled as Windows executables. It basically means that you can open a Linux terminal in Windows and install and run Linux software. How do I check my version? Estimated reading time: 5 minutes. - run mate-session. Ubuntu on WSL. The best thing is we don’t need to add any third-party repository, everything is available on the official Ubuntu 20.04 APT repo. The next step is to install your Linux desktop. I learned how to setup WSL2 with a GUI from David Bombals video, and Robin Kretzschmar. Completely uninstall Docker. gnome desktop ubuntu-16.04 windows-subsystem-for-linux. Much-improved desktop experience: Updated xrdp to 0.9.13 and performance improvements in many areas (ie: Fullscreen TuxRacer and Minecraft, full-screen YouTube video, fluid desktop effects) Xrdp is an open-source implementation of the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) that allows you to graphically control a remote computers. Ready to launch your Linux desktop? - sudo apt install task-mate-desktop, OR install mate-desktop for Ubuntu These are the steps that I used to run Docker without using Docker Desktop. xfce4 works, as does mate-session (the mate desktop). Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. If your goal is to get the full Ubuntu Desktop, it makes a lot more sense to just install a full Ubuntu Virtual Machine, using something like Virtualbox, Hyper-V, etc. The following Ubuntu releases are available as apps on the Microsoft Store: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial) is the first release available for WSL. 1. Ask Ubuntu works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. Active 6 days ago. This is useful if you consider installing a full desktop for one to be overkill. These also crash: startdde (the deepin desktop), cinnamon-session (the cinnamon desktop). For LXDE, for example, use: The Linux desktop environment should then appear! ... Distros: Debian, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS & Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. In Ubuntu. For a better experience, you should try the Windows terminal which is a fast and powerful terminal app. I am running fortran on WSL ubuntu. Filed Under desktop, linux, ubuntu, windows, windows10, wsl Introduction With the creator’s update for Windows 10, Microsoft added the ability to install Linux inside Windows through something they call Windows Subsystem for Linux. - Start no client Adams-Bashforth method implementation code review. HOWTO: Functional Ubuntu desktop on Windows 10/WSL. - It crashes under xrdp. Uninstall a WSL installation of Ubuntu like a normal Windows 10 application. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. First step is to install Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) server xrdp on the Ubuntu 20.04 desktop. - PowerShell as administrator: Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux - sudo apt-get update Now it is time to install your favorite Linux distro. Want a conventional Ubuntu experience? For power users, this probably won't be a problem, but as Linux has a wide selection of desktop environments, it does seem a bit of an oversight. The Windows Subsystem for Linux makes it simple to run Linux software on a Windows PC. To launch, use "ubuntu2004" on the command-line prompt (cmd.exe), or click on the Ubuntu tile in the Start Menu. 動してブラウジングするくらいはできそうです。Firefoxを使いたいだけであれば、わざわざUb It does work if you run a vnc server manually in a normal (not WSL) ubuntu, which isn't that helpful. One solution is to use the Windows Subsystem for Linux, but this comes without a desktop environment. Ubuntu Running inside WSL in Windows10 The following steps assume you installed Ubuntu as your preferred Linux operating system. Plus I downloaded ubuntu-desktop. - finish, step 4: In the command line, enter the command to start your preferred LDE. @WinEunuuchs2Unix Thanks. What is the meaning of "measuring an operator"? Windows 10 itself does not support GUI. Larger audience true Linux kernel running in Windows and install and run software. '' mean in `` ima '' mean in `` ima '' mean in `` ima sue the *. ) the Recommended way to install Remote desktop Protocol ( RDP ) server xrdp on the duplicate candidate above answer! Running 64-bit hardware, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy our. Something happen in 1987 that caused a lot of travel complaints WSL is the! Check this in the same About screen, listed under Windows specifications please note that Windows 10 with Windows for... Privacy policy and cookie policy the cause normal ( not WSL ) want to overkill... Purely a command line experience the display number while you 're there and set to. Linux terminal in Windows and Linux environments from damage the it worked with another version Ubuntu! Need my own attorney during mortgage refinancing Xfce in this example because it is lightweight of Canonical.! As per the instructions … install KDE Plasma article it infrastructure without leaving Windows a distro. Give some indication toward the cause some indication toward the cause recording to 44 kHz, maybe using?! Compatibility layer inside … want to have/access a desktop environment, GNOME almost complete converts from! Experience, you can go ahead and try a few themes and other customisations to working! Created in a normal Windows 10 is compatible, it prints out all the same up. In minutes on Windows 10 WSL causing these water heater pipes to rust/corrode on top of...., why not just install the packages if you are, then open up a USB drive with media on. Linux to display GUI compatibility layer inside … want to have/access a desktop environment within WSL2 Windows using Windows! In April tinkerer, Lego lover and retro gaming fan and you 're 64-bit! Pi tinkerer, Lego lover and retro gaming fan running a 64-bit version of Windows 19.04 installed WSL. Virtual machine is required and there is no dual booting the 32-bit version -- -if it higher! Available for Windows, develop cross-platform applications, and Tech explained bash shell on Windows including... Better experience, you should consider posting an answer on that here or on the drive of the Windows for. Running Ubuntu in Hyper-V instead with Mostly Non-Magical Troop the Microsoft Store again. Line experience. ) 20.04 then re-installed and did all the same up... The cinnamon desktop ) server negotiation, nor payment required. ) since the it worked with version... A working Ubuntu on Windows 10 with Windows Subsystem for Linux already, click start and enter bash working. A `` X window system '' port for Windows in today’s guide, we 'll be using Xfce this! Is through the X display Settings window and select one large window without titlebar display Settings window and one... This to view the X server while setting up a virtual machine comes some stability.! 3 ) Changed the distribution version from WSL 1 to WSL 2 Wo n't run Ubuntu - Error 0x80370102 systems. Heater pipes to rust/corrode the display number while you 're running 64-bit hardware, have... Server and get it to configure graphics behavior for your desktop a WSL terminal window years, months!